Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
eyolf
Tomatovillian™

Many say that Walleye is superior. I would agree...but with the caveat that because Walleye is popular, even cherished, most avid fishermen treat it with respect. Moreover, the best walleye fishing is usually in cool, clear water.

In my opinion, any fish tastes good when caught in clear water and prepared soon after catch. Different species have somewhat different qualities, of course, but it's all good.

That tomato soup thing on perch (or any) colored the fish, but the sweetness didn't improve it. I like perch (a cousin to Walleye) the same way you do, Tormato...simply prepared. If you don't have butter...such as shore lunch or camping trip...bacon grease, or any oil will still be fine.

I'm glad to know that not many grow varieties just for juice. A few years ago, I made a few pints of juice specifically with the glut of Brad's Atomic Grape and Green Tiger we had too many of that summer.

That special "fruity" flavor, fresh, was lost...and the juice wasn't very pretty. Brad gets a spot every year, as well as at least one other, similar type. Chocolate Cherry tastes better to me than black Cherry, and we almost always grow a yellow.

And my wife complains that I just eat them as they ripen...hardly any make it to the house. "Nothing wrong with coming to the garden with me", I say.

I usually plant Zinnias and Cosmos here and there, and have a little spot with low-growers next to a bench. Great place to bring a coffee.

Or a glass of tomato juice.

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk