Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old February 29, 2016   #151
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Default improvement

You're spot on Worth. The firefighters are almost done, this is from a few minutes ago.

If you look closely at the earlier fire pics, you can get some perspective. Those white walls on the industrial buildings are typically 20 meters. So those flames were tall!

improvement.jpg

Marsha: smoke is headed in the direction of the big garden, fingers crossed on your prediction.

humo pal sureste.jpg

Last edited by Gerardo; February 29, 2016 at 08:57 PM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2016   #152
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt-Grow-Cook View Post
Diggin it all Gerado. Keep doing your thing brotha. Ive been so busy and behind in my plantings, hope to at least get my grow list posted soon along with a few pics. Spring came early here in Cali.
Thank you. Spring is definitely here. Get on it, it's cuke time!
Old February 29, 2016   #153
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Sherwin Williams Plant.

24 employees safely evacuated.
3 firefighters injured during initial blasts.

https://youtu.be/Wsy1HRdQ_pk
Old March 1, 2016   #154
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

I just want to say that I follow Your thread With interest, Gerardo, even though Our climates are vastly different. I do have a greenhouse, however, which lengthens my season. I envy you all those wonderfully green plants. I won't be planting outdoors until the first week of June.

I worked on a cruise ship in the 70s, and saw some of Mexico. I remember Cabo San Lucas as a peaceful Place on a Christmas Eve, and eating gazpacho and frogs legs at a restaurant called «El Shrimp Bucket» in Mazatlan.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2016   #155
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamesNorway View Post
I just want to say that I follow Your thread With interest, Gerardo, even though Our climates are vastly different. I do have a greenhouse, however, which lengthens my season. I envy you all those wonderfully green plants. I won't be planting outdoors until the first week of June.

I worked on a cruise ship in the 70s, and saw some of Mexico. I remember Cabo San Lucas as a peaceful Place on a Christmas Eve, and eating gazpacho and frogs legs at a restaurant called «El Shrimp Bucket» in Mazatlan.

Steve
Glad to hear the green appeals to you.

I'll make it up there at some point, as I need to show my boy how the ppl up north live. I have some friends in Denmark I've been meaning to visit, so what's a little hop to Norway from there. It'll be a while. Next trip is down to the Yucatan, after that it's up to the Sierras for some Ansel Adams Wilderness, and after that it's a scouting trip down to see the Aussies and Kiwis. Besides, tomatoes grow everywhere, right?

I hope the green house performs more than adequately, and mother nature allows you to plant earlier.

Cabo was a quaint fishing village back then. Sammy Haggars of the world + Hollywood made sure that place exists but in memory.
Old March 1, 2016   #156
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

The Sea of Cortez- Ray Cannon 1966, is the world's second best coffee table book.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z3.jpg (62.9 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg z1.jpg (66.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg z2.jpg (62.8 KB, 119 views)
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2016   #157
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

What a cool book, next time I'm at the SDSU library i'l find it and thumb through it.

There's a great little book that could be the written accompaniment to that coffee table work, it's called The Log from The Sea of Cortes, by Steinbeck.

I can't bring myself to write Cortez with a z, almost as hard as writing Brasil with a z.

And if I'm not mistaken, that's either a Totoaba or a Giant Sea Bass they're hauling onto shore. Totoabas are gone, only a few left up near San Felipe, thanks to all of you up in Colorado eh, and of course unscrupulous fishermen.

Giant Sea Bass are protected. There was a big stink over some ★★★★★★ spearing a favored one right along the La Jolla Reserve. Apparently the old fella was friendly and was buddies with all the divers. This guy took advantage of that and speared him, they caught him pulling him into his boat, as red-handed as you can get. ★★★★★★ said he speared him because he was afraid. We'll leave the stars, they are perfect
Old March 1, 2016   #158
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

It was Steinbeck's 'The Log from the Sea of Cortes' that fueled a high schooler's desire to go to sea. I wanted to be Ed Ricketts, marine biologist, but we were kind of poor so I went into the Navy. Things worked out though, got in some nice fishing trips to Mexico over the years.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2016   #159
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
It was Steinbeck's 'The Log from the Sea of Cortes' that fueled a high schooler's desire to go to sea. I wanted to be Ed Ricketts, marine biologist, but we were kind of poor so I went into the Navy. Things worked out though, got in some nice fishing trips to Mexico over the years.
COOL! Not just a job, it's an....
Old March 4, 2016   #160
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Default happy plants

Here's Mykhalych
mikhalych.jpg
Rebelski
rebelski.jpg
We are Sakh. Pudovichok
we are dora.jpg
We are Dora
we are sakharny pudovichok.jpg
Sweet Scarlet
sweet scarlet.jpg

Shamrock
shamrock.jpg
Gregori's Altai
gregoris altai.jpg

Last edited by Gerardo; March 4, 2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old March 4, 2016   #161
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Nice-looking plants! I'm calling dibs on some of your sweet scarlet seed you get off that plant.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2016   #162
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

That was a crack up-the "We are" as though the plants were introducing themselves.
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2016   #163
Hunt-Grow-Cook
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Nice-looking plants! I'm calling dibs on some of your sweet scarlet seed you get off that plant.
That plant looks like a beast! Big Ol' potato leaves! Gerado your dwarf grow outs are making me anxious! I cant wait to start potting up. Curious how the germination fared on the Uluru Ochre and Choc Lightning I sent. Germination seemed lower on those two for me. I know I was only able to send a few. The Secrect Sauce from WBF was terrible too.

Cole I have about 8 or so seeds left that came from Heritage earlier this year. You want them let me know. I've got all that I need already planted and just sent some to BackYardFarmer.

Last edited by Hunt-Grow-Cook; March 4, 2016 at 06:42 PM.
Hunt-Grow-Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2016   #164
bboomer
Tomatovillian™

Terrific looking plants 'mano!
bboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2016   #165
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Thanks guys. And absolutely, I'll be saving lots of seeds this season.