Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 28, 2017   #196
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Oh, you should. There's some pretty funny bits in here.

Also some confessions.

What's the statute of limitations?
I read it all, really strange effects marijuana has on people .No wonder it has such a high approval rating.Anyway had to do some research and what I found is very interesting.

The part of Marijuana that is helpful in medicines was almost bred out of the plant and lost in favor of the the part that gets one stoned.Here are some highlights and it is a very interesting story.

Story at-a-glance -

• 20 states in the US have legalized cannabis for medical purposes. Colorado and Washington state also permit recreational use of marijuana
  • Medical cannabis is competition to the pharmaceutical industry, as the cannabis plant can take the place of a wide variety of synthetic drugs, especially for mood and anxiety disorders
  • There are two very distinct groups of marijuana strains. One is cannabis; the other is hemp
  • Hemp has no medicinal value as it only contains about four percent cannabidiol (CBD). It also contains less than 0.3 percent THC, which means it cannot produce a high
  • Cannabis is potent medicine courtesy of high amounts of CBD, medicinal terpenes, and flavonoids. It also contains varying amounts of THC. The higher the THC, the more pronounced its psychoactive effects

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-cannabis.aspx
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2017   #197
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default It was noticible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
It is our state's #1 cash crop, tobacco is #2.
http://norml.org/legal/item/kentucky-top-10-cash-crops
Gots to go to your "Turkey Shoot" about 6 years ago,love your auto weapons laws.And my oh my the trucks,the weaponry displayed by the locals was quite impressive for the reportedly poorest state in the nation.Would love to have some relatives in your state.
Old March 28, 2017   #198
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Trump apparently has said he wants to start enforcing Federal laws against Marijuana again. It doesn't really matter if it is legal in a State, if it is illegally Federally. Obama had said he was not going to enforce the Federal laws. Be careful if they start enforcing the Federal laws again.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2017   #199
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
Anybody is growing Tobacco ?

I am a tobacco smoker ( pipe nowadays ) and on occasions I have smoked MJ. Never felt the thrill.
I don't get any thrill out of tobacco either but as an addict ( just to nicotine )it relaxes me .

Thanks to PMC, I managed to get just 4 seedlings going.
So hopefully, one day I will smoke my own home grown tobacco.

When I was a kid we worked for Tobacco farmers. I remember almost dying in the pole barns hanging that stuff in 90 degree heat.
MJ farmers are going to be as poor as the tobacco farmers I remember. I have been approached half a dozen times to grow it in my GH's commercially since it became legal. I just laugh and told them anybody can grow that, but watch them flop with heirloom tomatoes. LOL
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #200
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

MJ. I had so many friends that smoke/d it. I remember one variety called Christmas Tree Sensimilla. I actually liked the smell of that one. I could imagine an air freshener called Christmas Tree Sensimilla. My male friends always wanted to go find some MJ, while I wanted to find ladies to flirt with.

There is one variety that...well, A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law visited while waiting for her new boyfriend to get off work. We were talking about gardening, people's health, and then she pulled out a cigarette from her Marlboro menthol pack. I really wasn't paying attention as she said, "I guess I need to smoke this outside?" I said, "It's a cigarette and the windows are open - go for it. I felt so naïve - it was a fat doobie. I told her, "Yes go outside."

I went out with her, and kept a responsible - yet caring distance from her as she smoked her J and we talked BS. Then I started looking around as I smelled this scent - we haven't had any skunks here this year. I felt bad that a skunk in the middle of the day sprayed here when I had company. We went back inside and I realized the skunk smell was on her - it was her J.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #201
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Tin soldiers and ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
Trump apparently has said he wants to start enforcing Federal laws against Marijuana again. It doesn't really matter if it is legal in a State, if it is illegally Federally. Obama had said he was not going to enforce the Federal laws. Be careful if they start enforcing the Federal laws again.
I would love to take a ballon ride following the border of Canada/USA.I have seen footage of only a swath of cleared land for miles and miles.Even some towns are cut down the middle.Smugglers will always find a way.Its all about the Jack,jack.
Old March 29, 2017   #202
wildcat62
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
That's a lot of hours in the stripping room!
Yes it was. We were a family operation with maybe 2 more dependable hands that year & only used them when we absolutely had to in an effort to keep labor cost down. We did hire a large crew to help us get it in the barns. We literally had work to do seven days a week that year. That was the only year we raised that much before realizing it was too much for the 2 of us. I was still in high school & my brother was a newlywed. Dad had passed away and that was our only income. I look back with fond memories but know there sure was a lot of hard work involved. Tobacco farming is a thing of the past around here now. Only a few fields where it used to be everywhere. Good for me at the time though. It taught me a work ethic.

Sorry, not trying to highjack this thread....

Last edited by wildcat62; March 29, 2017 at 07:25 AM.
wildcat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #203
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
MJ farmers are going to be as poor as the tobacco farmers I remember.
Poor, perhaps. But happy.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #204
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
Trump apparently has said he wants to start enforcing Federal laws against Marijuana again.
I don't like it, but the Administration is all about enforcing existing laws, and I can't complain about that principle. It's the Executive's job, after all.

What I do complain about is the worthless Congress that leave ridiculous, obsolete laws in place. Call your Congress-creature.

And watch the political discussion here, please.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #205
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

It may very well be what Texas needs to push our vultures into doing something.
We have a very strong tradition of telling the feds to go stick it where the sun doesn't sine.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2017   #206
Jonnyhat
Tomatovillian™

the funny thing about MJ is it has been in use for 1000's of years and while yes it has become more potent through cross breeding etc. that can be said for a variety of plants. I still do not see anyone overdosing from MJ, now, truly concentrating the substance into oils, or other variants synthetically is the same thing as in south america, where the coca leaf was chewed for millennia as a mild stimulant... crush the leaf down to a paste add some kerosene, and other solvents... and you get cocaine same dichotomy. If you want to look to one plant that breaks this trend, look at the opium poppy; this has always been highly addictive even in its original resin form, now refine it more and you get morphine, heroin, oxycodone... fentanyl the purely synthetic version) all of which cause 10's of thousands of deaths now each year and the majority with the exception of heroin are sold to us by big pharma. They know they are highly addictive, but they also know that they are a guaranteed revenue stream. It sickens me that our country turns a blind eye to a proven and nearly safe method to cure or assist chronic pain, cancer induced pain and a laundry list of other remedies and instead medically recommends the most addictive substances in the world.
Jonnyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2017   #207
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Smoking opium is not that addictive.
Yes some people get hooked but not any more than an alcoholic.
This is all stuff from BS propaganda pointed towards the Chinese.
I see nothing wrong with smoking opium with friends on a Friday night after work for relaxation and good conversation at your local opium den.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2017   #208
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

I remember in the 60's being told smoking marijuana would make your babies be born naked. They were right.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2017   #209
Jonnyhat
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Smoking opium is not that addictive.
Yes some people get hooked but not any more than an alcoholic.
This is all stuff from BS propaganda pointed towards the Chinese.
I see nothing wrong with smoking opium with friends on a Friday night after work for relaxation and good conversation at your local opium den.

Worth
lol, lots of good conversation happens when smoking opium... or drinking laudanum, its a real party! (When I lived in Oregon my neighbor had a 40ft x 40ft parcel of giant opium poppies)
Jonnyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2017   #210
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Don't smoke and drive!

http://cannabusdelivery.net

While currently only available for medical marijuana users, there are talks around how/when it will be available for recreational users.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote