Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 10, 2015   #211
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

oh goody
Seed swap time is the best mail I ever get hands down. I'll be watching my mailbox like a hawk. Thanks Gary!
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #212
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Default The Best Time Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
oh goody
Seed swap time is the best mail I ever get hands down. I'll be watching my mailbox like a hawk. Thanks Gary!
Karen
I agree wholeheartedly. If my package comes before Christmas, into my stocking it goes. I will wait patiently until Christmas morning eyeing my stocking hourly. It is the best Christmas gift ever! And even better than that, it is from all of my generous friends here at T'ville. Even if it comes after Christmas, it sure brightens up a long winters week.

Thank you everyone!
Old December 10, 2015   #213
EricaBraun
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
If my package comes before Christmas, into my stocking it goes. I will wait patiently until Christmas morning eyeing my stocking hourly. !

You have way more willpower than me! I'll be like a 5yo digging into it, scraps of bubble wrap flying here and there.
EricaBraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #214
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

LOL Exactly what Erica said!! I watch my mailbox like a hawk and when I don't get one of my seed orders or at least a seed catalog, well my soul is just crushed.
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #215
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly. If my package comes before Christmas, into my stocking it goes. I will wait patiently until Christmas morning eyeing my stocking hourly. It is the best Christmas gift ever! And even better than that, it is from all of my generous friends here at T'ville. Even if it comes after Christmas, it sure brightens up a long winters week.

Thank you everyone!
Yes, thanks to everyone!!

You have such willpower, MissS....and while I admire that mightily, I sure don't have it! I shall be like Erica, all up in that package like a 5 year old wished they could do, . Be lucky if I get all the way up the stairs, shaking it a bit and grinning ear to ear! Then it is mission, open box fast and fondle seeds!!!!

Really, I am very much a controlled person most times, LOL, but I do adore presents- and seeds are some of the nicest things to get.

Seeds are hope for the next season,, new tastes to experience, things to share and enjoy. Seeds are memories, recalling past times with folks who are gone or far away, friends and family that are still close.

Seeds are joy, that first bite into a vine ripened slightly sun warmed first tomato, the feeling of accomplishment in growing it and knowing you will have even more to enjoy soon after that first tomato.

Seeds are beautiful, so many colors and sizes and shapes that bring us all such lovely things to hold and see as well as taste; the plump fullness of a big tomato, the texture of an okra pod, the wartiness of a yellow crookneck squash, the softness and prickliness of different leaves, the exquisite velvety softness of a petal on a sunflower, and the scents of them all.

I suspect all people who plant a seed are optimists in one way or another.

I know I am much more optimistic since I realized that no matter how many squash I goof up and plant, that no matter that the neighbors pretend to not be home when they see me with a bag of squash and have taught the little kids to not answer the doors, and all the cars are locked, there are so many wonderful pick up trucks here in Texas. <smile>
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #216
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2 View Post
Do you need more stamps Gary? Or can I send you some cash to help out with shipping?
I'm all set, as I'm just converting the cash that came in into stamps, and playing the Post Office "lottery" (for free), with the Jenny stamps.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #217
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Imp, you said it so eloquently and so well, which is why some of us simply cannot get off the merry-go-round of the MMMM seed swap, even though we have a ton of seeds .

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #218
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I've probably cured close to half of past participants with the only known cure, an overdose of varieties.

For those of you in each year, there's likely no cure.

, or would it be ?
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #219
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Oh I've got a fever , the only cure is, the annual MMMM!
Tormato, I commend the time and efforts you put in to feed the addiction.

I'm planning my next year's growth with the swap in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
I've probably cured close to half of past participants with the only known cure, an overdose of varieties.

For those of you in each year, there's likely no cure.

, or would it be ?

Last edited by Aerial; December 10, 2015 at 03:47 PM.
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015   #220
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Gary, please hold Ariel and Imp's packages a while longer. I am just having too much fun watching their posts of anticipation.
Old December 10, 2015   #221
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Gary, please hold Ariel and Imp's packages a while longer. I am just having too much fun watching their posts of anticipation.
Aerial, oh no, she didn't!

Ohhh the inhumanity!!!!!!

(slaps hand to head <dang that can hurt!>, sliding down in the tomato seed deprivation death spiral coma....)

Tormato, you wouldn't really do that, would you?!

I might be driven to seek out strangers for tomato seeds! Think of the risks, I could end up with ( drum roll here, please) (okay, enough dam drum rolling, this is MY scene after all!)

THE BAD SEED.

(I SAID stop the dang drum rolls!! geeps, you give a voice a part and they try to scene steal!)

Or even seed for Killer Tomatoes! Oh my goodness, KT's taking over the world, we'd have to eat our way out of trouble and I may not have enough salt or bacon!

What if I end up, standing on a corner, in the snow, with one of those card board signs saying "will work for Tomato seeds( Beans and peppers, too)".

Or loitering suspiciously near seed companies, begging pitifully for "just a little seed, friend, can you spare a seed? I haven't had a good pack of seeds in more than a week, please help an old lady, spare seeds, any spare seeds?".

What if Aerial is with me? She'd get some of my seeds!!!!

What if Aerial and I get busted and sent to the big house for getting illegal hybrids and then we'd have to ask the judge if the prison had a garden area?!!

What if the Jolly Green Giant is our garden guard and we find out just how he does keep his leaf skirt thing all together- I could be traumatized! And no good conversation from him, all the GG ever said was "Ho, ho, ho, Green Giant!" like anyone couldn't see he was green and a bit big. And just where did the Jolly Green Giant get The Little Sprout anyways?

What if we got put in some 15 step program for seed junkies and we stage a coup and create a seed cartel? You know I would keep forgetting the secret handshake thingie.

Waiiiiit a minute.....a seed cartel, hmmmmm. Lots of seeds and felco pruners...

Aeriel, come over here, we need to talk!!!!

LOL.

The other voices made me write all that.

Last edited by imp; December 10, 2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old December 10, 2015   #222
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Hey imp, that is MY corner!

Your sponsor is a meanie, we'll go get HER seeds! You know where she lives.. muahahaha
Old December 10, 2015   #223
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Hey imp, that is MY corner!

Your sponsor is a meanie, we'll go get HER seeds! You know where she lives.. muahahaha
Pssst, Aeriel, we know where Tormato is, too....

What is proper attire for a seed cartel venture? I'm going to wear my new bright tropical blue crocs, they are comfy to wear. Do you think it would be alright to ask them to leave us a nice yummy snack, too- we'll get hungry, after all that!

We can wear masks made out of tomato pictures, they won't know who we are then. <--my voices suggested that, they want credit for it!

Last edited by imp; December 10, 2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: because the voices can't spell well, or neither either!
Old December 10, 2015   #224
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Jackpot! Imp, genius! That's a brilliant plan..

Tell Tormato this would do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
Pssst, Aeriel, we know where Tormato is, too....

What is proper attire for a seed cartel venture? I'm going to wear my new bright tropical blue crocs, they are comfy to wear. Do you think it would be alright to ask them to leave us a nice yummy snack, too- we'll get hungry, after all that!
Old December 10, 2015   #225
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

Omg, you guys are making me laugh myself silly.
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote