Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 19, 2016   #211
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

So glad to see you back Carolyn! I know you probably have tons of email and such to catch up, but just take it slow and easy. Make sure you stay hydrated in this heat and take any meds that docs may have given you.

Glad you got some tomatoes and Freda got them in. Glad you got her.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2016   #212
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

Sounds good Carolyn. Things are coming along for you and I'm glad about that. But we're stuck with red lines?!
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2016   #213
MadCow333
Tomatovillian™

It's great to see you back, Carolyn. Take it easy and don't over-do. :-)
MadCow333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2016   #214
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think I ever explained what this incident was all about,so will attempt to do so now.

I was Ok on a Monday night,woke up the next Am at 2AM was dizzy, barfing,chills,etc.At first I thought it might be a virus infection,and held out for a few days,until Thursday when I was here at the computer,decided to go back to the edge of my bed to eat supper which already was packed for me.

Couldn't make my feet go and fell in the narrow space by my bed with my feet all tangled up.Hit my wrist button for Medi Alert,the rescue squad came,and they had a horrible time trying to get me up,Freda tells me there were 8 of them there.Eva,an EMT insisted that they call for an ambulance,that was done, and off I went to the ER.

Condensing a lot now.X-ray and ultrasound showed no bones broken,the internest said it was due to a viral infection. I was severely dehydrated and that led to an increase in some heart enzymes,so that was a concern and I was transferred to the cardiac unit. Two cardiologists were also called in. Echo cardiogram was OK and encouraged to get a stress test in the future.

Then transferred to a rehab place for over two weeks,then home,and now with a local home care company and not doing that well at all.

My local MD was here Sat AM and stayed a long time, mentioned the possibility of an assisted living place,which I nixed ASAP.

My feet are very swollen,told to not spend that much time here at the computer with my feetdown,but when the PT came today I did get permission to go to the backroom where my tomato seeds are. Can't go to the kitchen nor my own bathroom/shower,which is off this bedroom where I am. Have a Commode next to my bed.

For about 3 weeks I had no more than about 2 hours of sleep, now catching upon on that, take a few naps each day to get my feet up. And positive for me is that I'm dreaming again,

I can't remember how much of the above I've mentioned before here,but if I did I'm doing it again,since there are several folks who are not TV or idig members,so now I can cut and past this post and send elsewhere.

I still have not read several hundreds of em 's nor PM's here but of ones I've read there are several that I need to get back to ASAP.

Carolyn
Old June 21, 2016   #215
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear you are back, Carolyn.
Jeff
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2016   #216
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

I'm so glad you're home... what an ordeal! It's a good thing that you had the bracelet on and could call for help when you needed it.

Sleep, or lack thereof can make such a huge difference. Please take care! We miss you!

Robin
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2016   #217
coronabarb
Tomatoville® Recipe Keeper

Carolyn, saw you posting elsewhere and thought I'd better find this thread and catch up on everything. Glad you are home and able to communicate online again.
Old June 24, 2016   #218
ilex
Tomatovillian™

Great, take care.
ilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2016   #219
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronabarb View Post
Carolyn, saw you posting elsewhere and thought I'd better find this thread and catch up on everything. Glad you are home and able to communicate online again.
Barb, the only place that I've checked and made a few posts is at idig where I'm the only Moderator there.

Other than that I can't think of any other places since all this happened.

Carolyn, very pleased that someone just came and took all the excess tomato plants that Rob had raised for me.Sadly,no cherries left,they had been adopted earlier,but he was pleased with what he got.
Old June 24, 2016   #220
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilex View Post
Great, take care.
I'm trying Ilex,I'm trying to take care, trust me.

And I need to get back to you as well and update you on some germination results,and will do eventually.

Carolyn
Old June 24, 2016   #221
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

Thank God you're better- it's a slow process, I know. Take your time!
Spartanburg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2016   #222
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, do not forget that Wimbledon starts on Monday. 7:30 AM on ESPN.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2016   #223
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Carolyn, do not forget that Wimbledon starts on Monday. 7:30 AM on ESPN.
You know me very well and my love for tennis.

I've been following all online at the tennis channel website and would love to watch it live,but here's the problem with that.

I'm not allowed to go down that step to the front room where my TV is,but I do have anotherTV in the back room I can access, forget what it's called,wireless from the front room.

BUT,I have problems getting it to work with the remote,Freda doesn't and calls me stupid b/c she can with no problems,so we shall see.

Right now I'm so behind with everything that for now,I think I'll just continue to use the Tennis Channel link which is

http://www.tennis.com/

Carolyn
Old June 25, 2016   #224
hovermother22
Tomatovillian™

Sending you lots of well wishes, Carolyn! It must be good to be back home!
hovermother22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2016   #225
swordy
Tomatovillian™

I was soo late to read this ordeal you had Carolyn! I feel sorry for all the time you passed in the hospital and later to the rehab. I'm happy you are back now and I wish you the best!
swordy is offline   Reply With Quote