Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old August 20, 2015   #16
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

That list looks cool Marsha.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2015   #17
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post

I can't wait either! Its been really hard seeing you guys with fresh fruits while I can't grow any. But no worries, I'll be posting photos during the winter. Heee!
That is the truth - everyone's pics look so good this summer.

Thanks for the explanation re: Aussie Sunset - Best of luck with it and all your other varieties.

BTW - putting my order for Fred's TieDye on your Jan '16 seed offer.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2015   #18
MissS
Tomatovillian™

WOW, what a fabulous line-up you have! I hope that you find yourself a few more favorites.
Old August 20, 2015   #19
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
That is the truth - everyone's pics look so good this summer.

Thanks for the explanation re: Aussie Sunset - Best of luck with it and all your other varieties.

BTW - putting my order for Fred's TieDye on your Jan '16 seed offer.
Whoa Girlfriend! Its a little too soon to be jumpin the gun like that! just kidding.
I loved it, second year growing it.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2015   #20
bluee19
Tomatovillian™

Ginger2778 ~ Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to January 2016 already
Old August 20, 2015   #21
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
WOW, what a fabulous line-up you have! I hope that you find yourself a few more favorites.
Thank you. I bet I will. Particularly excited about Sgt. peppers, and Not Purple Strawberry. And Rebel Yell is making a repeat performance, as is Girl Girl's, and I was crazy about both of them.
All you guys are getting me excited!
Old August 20, 2015   #22
peebee
Tomatovillian™

I loved Rebel Yell, among others, thanks for the seeds Marsha! I will be eagerly waiting for your photos and descriptions of the standouts in your garden again.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2015   #23
pauldavid
Tomatovillian™

Very impressive list Marsha! Looking forward to your reviews. Thats the second time I have heard of General Lee, but have found little info about it. Can you share any info?
pauldavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2015   #24
Misfit
Tomatovillian™

Many thanks once again Marsha!

The seed you sent me for Girl Girl Weird Thing, is one of my best producers. Great tasting, awesome colors, and big fruits. It's a new favorite, for sure.

What's the background on this tom.?

-Jimmy
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2015   #25
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Awesome, Marsha. You have almost ONE HUNDRED varieties in your grow out list. So if you just plant ONE of each that will be 100 plants. WOW !

Good luck. my next season should starts about 200 days from today; That is getting ready to germinate early March of 2016. That is a long time away.
I have not yet picked ripe fruits off of 10 varieties this season, yet.

Well I wish you and the other Floridans good luck. Please don't for get to share yor harvest pictures with us as xmas present. hehe

Gardeneer
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2015   #26
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Interesting and great list Marsha, but I just wanted to share something about one variety, which is Dragoevo that I got from Steve, Double Helix, who was the first to offer it and I offered it in a seed offer in 2012 .

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Dragoevo

I don't know if anyone has grown it recently, and I'd have to check my Fall 2012 feedback thread to see if anyone got a heart, but I don't think so.

I don'tknow where Applestar got it from and unless she was at Tville with a different user name, which I don't think she was, then she didn't get it from my seed offer.

Could it have been the fault of my seed producer who did the seed production as a result of an accidental cross pollination? I don't think so since my seed producers use many fruits for seed saving which lowers the probability of an off type.

Actually the only off type I can remember right now , with just one person, was with the variety Pervaya Lyubov several years ago.

You know me and my love of heart varieties and this one was supposed to be from Macedonia, but what happened, happened and actually there were several other ones that Steve sent me that didn't come true . But in his defense it was about that time that he got those two tick borne diseases and was not a well man. His two sons when they had time and a neighbor tried as well to help him out/

Carolyn
Carolyn, I am looking into Dragoevo to see if hers was the wrinkly little beefsteak, or the correct heart shape. Chances are it got to her by a circuitous route from your seed offer's origins. If wrong, it will be pulled from the list. Thank you for bringing my attention to that, I surely do not want to waste garden space!
Old August 21, 2015   #27
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavid View Post
Very impressive list Marsha! Looking forward to your reviews. Thats the second time I have heard of General Lee, but have found little info about it. Can you share any info?
Don't know that much about it other than that it's F4, so close but not quite stable, and that it's a Millard Murdock creation, same one who created Captain Lucky and First Mate.
There's photos of it at another site,if you PM me I'll tell you where, since I love that place too.
Meanwhile, I will go back and look at the thread for a better description.
Old August 21, 2015   #28
Moshou
Tomatovillian™

Wow, very impressive list.
It seems Michaela's Pink Oxheart is one of my heirloom and I am glad people like it.
Looking forward for your review

Last edited by Moshou; August 21, 2015 at 08:32 AM.
Moshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2015   #29
charline
Tomatovillian™

great list and lots of very good varieties!

just one is intreaging me and I hope you will not be disappointed. St. Pierre is a french variety and is very bland. Tastes like a supermarket tomato . Lots of people here buy plants at the supermarket and grow them and like them because they do not know "our" good varieties. I dont want to scare you but dont expect too much from this one.
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2015   #30
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

Wonderful list, Marsha! You're making me wish I was 20 years younger!!
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote