Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 25, 2011   #16
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F Falzone View Post
About 15 years ago we found a tomato plant growing in a field....year after year we have grown the plant from seed. We own Cherry Valley Garden Center in Illinois and now have developed the plant to where the yeild is about 26 pounds of 8 oz. tomatoes.....we call the plant Bens Red.......my question is how do I register the plant to protect it from someone else selling it......we sell a couple thousand each year.
In short, it's going to cost you a lot of money to get PVP, if you even can, and you're not exactly gonna be embraced for it here.

Finding a tomato plant in a field is not a remarkable accomplishment. Certainly not one that should prevent anyone else from ever growing it without paying you huge sums. Maybe if you had cross-bred varieties for years and done growouts until you found something unique.

Again just my opinion as a sort of heads-up of what you can expect here with your first post.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote