Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 31, 2012   #16
dinca
Tomatovillian™

Today, January 31, I received the seeds referenced in post #4 of this thread.
dinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2012   #17
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Parks will always be remembered by me as the catalog with the most impossibly beautifully colored flowers.....way, way over the top with the pic doctoring!

I do admit that my first favorite hybrid tomato - Whopper - was from a free pack from Parks way back in 1986 or so!
Old January 31, 2012   #18
RonnyWil
Tomatovillian™

Default Source for trays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
Thanks for the tip, Carolyn, those are the ones. I like the 11" x 22" ones, because I do carry seedlings in cell packs in and out of the house almost as soon as they sprout, and the trays are so sturdy. I also line them with newspaper and use them to carry and store unripe tomatoes in the fall. Not sure they are really worth $10 apiece, but I'll probably order some more.
Here is a source for them.
http://www.growerssolution.com/page/...erts/PermaNest

Last edited by RonnyWil; January 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: left out link
RonnyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2012   #19
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the link, the price is coming down a bit to around $7 each if you buy six of my favorite size trays. Nice website, I'll look around at other stuff there too.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7, 2012   #20
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Few days ago got an email saying my complete order had been shipped.
Got my two packets of seeds today but still not the Bio Dome refills. The packing slip indicates the refills have been shipped from a different location.

So things are coming....a bit choppy but I guess it's better than nothing.

I wish I could find the refills from another outfit.
Old February 13, 2012   #21
raindrops27
Tomatovillian™

I will never deal with Park seeds again.

I placed an order with Park' 3rd week in Jan in which I received no confirmation, but monies were withdrawn from my account. I called Parks beginning of Feb they claimed they could not "find" my order. It was not until I asked to speak to a manager that the rep mysteriously " found" my order and I was promised an emailed order confirmation, and my order would be shipped out on that day.

Fast forward to today. I open my email only to find. A shipment dated for today, and (surprise)the wrong varieties of Mirai corn on my ship conf. I called park' and once again the rep could not find my order. I asked to speak to a manager, I am placed on hold, the same rep comes back and states she found my order..

I tell her, I placed an order for a different Mirai corn, she said "yes we just make substitutions" I explained I do not want a substitution, when I place an order. I would like what I ordered, and furthermore there was no notice about substitutions. She goes on to tell me "Well in the future, you need to make it known to us, that you do not want a substitution, call in after you place an order to tell us, you do not want a substitution". Long story short. I spoke to a "manager" cancelled my order. Will refuse the package if it has even shipped.

Park seeds never again.
raindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #22
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

That reminds me, I have to get my Mirai corn order in to Harris seed. I believe they are employee owned and one of the venders listed on the venders page here.
Dutch
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2012   #23
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

My patience is wearing thin. I posted my last comment six days ago.
My flower seeds had arrived that day and the invoice included in the envelope said my bio dome refills were shipped but from another location.
I still have nothing.

This might very well be my last go around with Parks!

Guess I will have to get on the horn!
Old February 13, 2012   #24
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for starting this thread Brian. It has been quite revealing. Looks like Parks will not be getting any business from me this year.
Dutch
Old February 13, 2012   #25
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Brian. It has been quite revealing. Looks like Parks will not be getting any business from me this year.
Dutch
No problem!
I knew they had been in trouble in the past but I had never had any problems with them. When this year's order started out the way it did, I was just curious if other folks were having any luck with them.

My order is going on a month now(Jan. 15th).
That's just getting to be too long....especially for some sponge refills.

On a side note, they continue to send me promotional emails just about every day. This is on sale, that's on sale, buy this, buy that, free shipping deals, etc.
I'll unsubscribe once I finish my business with them.

This is unacceptable. Going into growing season and they have growing supplies out of stock. Great planing.
I thought I had ordered early enough. Guess I should have ordered them last year.
Old February 14, 2012   #26
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

I just got a Park Seed catalog in today's mail. I guess they bought my name from some other company. After looking through the catalog (nothing stood out, just the ordinary choices), and reading all of your comments, it's in the recycle bin!
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2012   #27
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Default I gave up on Parks except to look in the catalog and dream in December...

I have been frustrated with Parks for the problems noted above. I never had any problem with their seeds... I just couldn't count on the service. That's a large part of what you are paying for after all.

Seed is not cheap, shipping is not cheap either (unless you order with a "free shipping" promotion). Then there is time, Time is Priceless.
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2012   #28
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctomatoman View Post

I do admit that my first favorite hybrid tomato - Whopper - was from a free pack from Parks way back in 1986 or so!
The only tomato seed I ever bought from Park's was Whopper(check out the photo). I have to admit it was a great plant. It seemed to be bursting with tomatoes everyday. We were very satisfied with them. It was the only hybrid I grew last year out of about 45-50 plants.

On a side note, I've been painting the kitchen/hallway so I haven't had a chance to call Park's. I'm going to try my best to call them tomorrow about these sponge refills......Still nothing today in the mail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (221.3 KB, 45 views)
Old February 14, 2012   #29
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Wow Brian, Those Whoppers from Park's are great looking tomatoes. Excellent photograghy work too.
Dutch
Old February 15, 2012   #30
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Folks!
Not sure what else to say about this operation.

You wonder just how a business can stay afloat for day to day operations.

I just got off the phone with a rep.....very pleasant lady.

I explained my story.
Told her about the packing slip I received with my two packages of flower seeds that the sponge refills had shipped but were not in the tiny envelope the seeds came in....of course, it was a tiny envelope and the sponges would have never fit. I got the seeds about 8 days ago.

She simply said they must have been omitted and will be shipped out immediately.

I've never had a problem with their customer service but this has been a weird one.

Deal with CAUTION! Leave plenty of time if you need something by a certain date.

I'll post when these things finally arrive which will be over a month from their order date....WOW!