Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 31, 2011   #16
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I planted Barlow Jap this year (along with about 100 other new-to-me varieties) with hopes of having it for seed.

But with the horrible year we had I haven't found them yet. We DO have a whole lot of stuff out in the field yet so maybe we will have it later when we finally finish processing everything. While we have processed over 60 batches of seed, so far we only have about 4 or 5 "new" varieties.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2011   #17
b54red
Tomatovillian™

We had a very nice large Barlow Jap two days ago on grilled hamburgers and it was the best fall slicer this year. It really is a perfect sandwich tomato. I hope I have a little better luck with them next spring; but I will definitely add it to my fall grow list.
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2011   #18
sprtsguy76
Tomatovillian™

Barlow Jap was a very nice tomato for me this year. I was very happy with the flavor especially. Production was not great but acceptable. I did get some ugly shaped one's along with some smoother shaped beefsteaks. I saved plenty of seed and plan to offer some 5 seed sample packages later this year or early next year.

Damon
sprtsguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote