Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old February 22, 2007   #16
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

honu, Definately a good site. This is only the second site I've seen that addresses the 'PHOSPHOROUS ISSUE'. The other site was T & J Enterprises. Good stuff.
I came across another site that may be of interest to people thinking about giving mycorrhizae a try. Their product consists of coffee grounds impregnated with mycorrhizae and they also sell it in a concentrated form where you can make your own for half the price and all you have to do is provide the used coffee grounds. Site URL below.
http://www.gardengrounds.com/index.php?cid=58
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2007   #17
honu
Tomatovillian™

More info from University of Florida:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/AG116
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2007   #18
creister
Tomatovillian™

Michael, I am using the Chappy's for the first time this year. The label said not to use with inorganic fertilizer. Have you used it with organic fertilizer? If so, was it low in Phosphorus? I am going to make some of those homemade earthboxes. I was going to use Espoma tomato tone for the fertilizer, but may change to a mix of alfalfa meal and earthworm castings, both of which are very low in P. I was also thinking about putting some alfalfa meal and earthworm castings in the planting hole for my innoculated inground plants. I wonder if I should just plant them with nothing in the hole. What do you think?
creister is offline   Reply With Quote