Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 14, 2012   #301
kygreg
Tomatovillian™

Early Christimas, seeds arrived today. Great selection. THANKS, Heather!!!
kygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #302
sicily
Tomatovillian™

Heather, you are Wonder Woman!!!! How you are doing all this especially around the holidays is amazing. I'm one of those pepper people, PLEASE don't go into your commercial seeds to fill an envelope, you are already doing so much. Don't worry about peppers, and THANKS SO VERY MUCH for all you are doing!!! Going to the post office this time of year is a large, time consuming job in itself. Hope you have a lovely holiday, you have made a boatload of folks very happy.
sicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #303
Pants
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmacdona View Post
Today (Dec 13th) I mailed seeds to:
* pants
What a most excellent day! Seed exchange seeds and my wife and I got to take our newborn baby home. Well thats\ seems like all the time for the internet between screaming.

Thank you. I'll let you know when they arrive
Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #304
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

My congratulations on your newborn baby! A boy or a girl?

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #305
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
What a most excellent day! Seed exchange seeds and my wife and I got to take our newborn baby home. Well thats\ seems like all the time for the internet between screaming.

Thank you. I'll let you know when they arrive
Congratulations Pants!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #306
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Dear Heather,
My package arrived today! Wow that has to be the fastest delivery Canada Post has ever made. I am simply delighted and amazed by everyone's generosity and for the gift of your time and organization skills that make it all possible.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #307
bluebonnets
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations, Pants!!
bluebonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #308
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations Pants!!!! This is such exciting news for you. Maybe we can call you DaddyPants from now on You'll have to let us know if you have a new baby boy or a baby girl...and of course their name. Maybe we have tomato or pepper seeds out there with your baby's name.

Sicily, it's no problem dipping into my seed stash to fill out wish lists. I do this every year, and where I have enough to share, I am happy to. Inevitably with this swap, I end up with a bunch of seeds I can't distribute for various reasons (usually they're on do not want lists, or lists of what people already have), so I plan ahead and have a stash ready to build out the variety. I know it's not necessary, but I definitely don't want to send unwanted seeds to people if it can be helped. Where I have individuals that send in tomatoes and want peppers back, or visa versa....I just hold those until near the end, and fill the others first. Then I see where I stand with what's remaining and go from there. I know it's hard for people being last on the list, but hopefully the wait is worth it, to end up with a good variety of seeds.

Thank you to everyone for your updates. It seems to me that the postal delivery is much faster in getting seeds back to you this year. The delivery time is certainly quicker than when you first mailed them in to me.

Well....I just got home from work, and plan to get started on your seeds again shortly. Thought about pouring a nice glass of wine first, but who knows what you'd get in your envelopes if I did that I think I'll make a nice cup of flavoured coffee instead.
hmacdona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #309
Pants
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the gratz. Its a baby boy named David Orion. We are calling him Davy. Since my wife was pregnant this past summer she couldn't enjoy many of the tomatoes (heartburn) so I spending way too much time planning this next year and am quite excited about my first seed swap.
Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #310
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

That's awesome Pants. I did a quick internet search to see if there was a "David" or "Davy" tomato out there. Couldn't find one....but I did find an "Orion" F1 tomato. Maybe a tville member has some of these seeds they could send you. Would be fun to have a special tomato plant just for your son next year.

This is so exciting on a few different levels. In thinking back on prior years swaps.....every year - one of our participants had a newborn baby in the middle of the exchange. Sort of like our own little "New Years" baby. This year, your baby earns the Tville honours.

You must be sooo excited....and tired...and excited. We're all so happy that you took the time to share your great news with us.

...and just in case you're still sleep deprived when spring planting season rolls around - you're supposed to burp the baby and water your tomato plants.....not the other way around

Last edited by hmacdona; December 14, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old December 14, 2012   #311
RobinB
Tomatovillian™

Congratulations, Pants! That's so awesome! Sleep is overrated. You'll get some eventually. Nothing will ever be quite the same... but I think it's better with kid(s)!
RobinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2012   #312
horses4jess
Tomatovillian™

Heather,

My seeds arrived today! I'm thrilled with the wonderful selection; thank you so much!

Jessica
horses4jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012   #313
sicily
Tomatovillian™

CONGRATULATIONS Pants,

My husbands name is David and I've been looking for a "Dave" tomato for many years with no luck. Maybe a kind breeder will take care of that for us. My daughter screamed her head off, she was diagnosed with that dreaded Colic, we purchased gripe water and other remedy's to no avail, after about 2 month's it miraculously disappeared. Now that she's 17, sigh, I'd love to hear those screams again. Enjoy and relish every moment, it goes by so quickly. We are looking at colleges now, I wish we were shopping for binkies. Have a wonderful holiday and warmest congratulations to you and your wife.
sicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2012   #314
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

Today (Dec 15th) I mailed seeds to:

* austinnhanasmom
* ddsack
* guruofgardens
* halleone
* op mater
* pepguy
* poajoan
* sicily

PLEASE let me know when your seeds arrive so I can update my records.

Thanks the last of the envelopes from this forum. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone.
Old December 15, 2012   #315
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Merry Christmas to you too Heather! And thanks again.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote