Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 30, 2016   #301
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

My little ones holding a Sugar Baby watermelon and a whopper of a Terremoto squash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160717_185507-768x1365.jpg (292.5 KB, 164 views)
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2016   #302
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Here is one im working on for another Tomatoville member. Notice the odd coloring and slight stripes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160717_184505-800x450.jpg (66.8 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg 20160717_184507-800x450.jpg (83.6 KB, 163 views)
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old July 30, 2016   #303
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Your helpers are holding some impressive produce, but they outshine your garden achievements by a lot!
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2016   #304
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
Your helpers are holding some impressive produce, but they outshine your garden achievements by a lot!
Thanks Charley. They are some of the best help i have ever had.
Old July 31, 2016   #305
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

You have beautiful children, heirloomtomaguy! Great work all together.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2016   #306
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
You have beautiful children, heirloomtomaguy! Great work all together.
Thanks Ella!
Old August 8, 2016   #307
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

A couple more pics of a tomato im working on. It was hard to capture but this one had the coloring of Uluru Ochre but slightly different. This tomato, as far as i know, has no relation to Uluru Ochre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160807_190403-800x450.jpg (61.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 20160807_190410-800x450.jpg (56.6 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 20160807_190431-800x450.jpg (53.7 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 20160807_190513-800x450.jpg (82.3 KB, 133 views)
Old August 8, 2016   #308
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

This one is Silvoryi. I thought the flavor was pretty darn good and the color was impressive itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160806_104921-800x450.jpg (77.0 KB, 138 views)
Old August 8, 2016   #309
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Picked a few peppers tonight and found this funny little guy. I grow alot of peppers and this is only the second fused blossom i have ever seen in my garden.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160805_201005-800x450.jpg (74.4 KB, 132 views)
Old August 8, 2016   #310
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Here are some Pepperdew, Jimmy Nardello, Corno di Toro, and a couple of varieties i am working on this year from my own crosses. Im sure i am missing a variety but oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160805_200944-800x450.jpg (110.1 KB, 131 views)
Old August 24, 2016   #311
bluee19
Tomatovillian™

Default So pretty and probably smells great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
One of my Wife's Plumeria's first set of flowers
Is the color more purple than pink? What's the name of this plumeria?
Old June 1, 2017   #312
Kunfayakun
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
Im loving single some times double stem plants. Every bloom sets and the plants do awesome.
Esterina is a little big for a cherry tomato, so can we decrease its size by growing it with double stem? If i want a smaller esterina does a double stem plant has any drawbacks as compared to single stem?
Kunfayakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2017   #313
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunfayakun View Post
Esterina is a little big for a cherry tomato, so can we decrease its size by growing it with double stem? If i want a smaller esterina does a double stem plant has any drawbacks as compared to single stem?
This may not be very scientific, but I don't prune my Esterina much at all. The resulting tomatoes are an ok size cherry. I like how productive they are.
Larry
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2017   #314
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunfayakun View Post
Here is a look at some Esterina Cherry tomatoes that I just picked. The plants are in 6 gallon pots and 1 in a Raised Bed. They haven't been fertilized for approx 35 days, but they get watered regularly. It is getting late in the season here, with temperatures rising. Today I believe the high was 94 Fahrenheit. However, Esterina being a Cherry, it will be one of the last to quit producing. The quarter is 0.635 centimeter in diameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3337139211463529338-account_id=1.jpg (35.8 KB, 39 views)
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2017   #315
Kunfayakun
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone9b View Post
Here is a look at some Esterina Cherry tomatoes that I just picked. The plants are in 6 gallon pots and 1 in a Raised Bed. They haven't been fertilized for approx 35 days, but they get watered regularly. It is getting late in the season here, with temperatures rising. Today I believe the high was 94 Fahrenheit. However, Esterina being a Cherry, it will be one of the last to quit producing. The quarter is 0.635 centimeter in diameter.
These aren't looking as big as i thought. If that's their normal size then its ok to me. I want to plant them hydroponically but my hydroponic farm project is getting delayed again and again.
Appreciate your response Larry.
Kunfayakun is offline   Reply With Quote