Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 8, 2016   #331
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruofgardens View Post
My daughter just sent me a picture of the envelope I asked her to look out for. She cut open one side, peered in and replied, "Holy moley, Batman! Look at all the tomato seeds!"

So I will have Christmas again in another week.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to grow, dry, package, etc. the seeds for the swap. I can't wait to see each and every one.

And extra thanks to Gary for taking the time to sort, mail, and make us all smile.
And this reminds me that when cutting open the bubble mailer... tamp it down a bit first, so that near top it's empty. Otherwise, you may cut through some packs of seeds.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2016   #332
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural View Post
Romper room? I was on an episode of romper room in the 70's. True story. I remember we played the rhyme game. Miss Nancy asked us to say words that rhyme with mitt. The little girl next to me shouted out sh*t. I can still hear the gasps from her mother to this day.
Come on now, she really knew her heirloom peppers, and shouted out Sish*to, but didn't get to finish what she was saying.
Old January 8, 2016   #333
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

And this reminds me that when cutting open the bubble mailer... tamp it down a bit first, so that near top it's empty. Otherwise, you may cut through some packs of seeds.

Of course! She's been trained in how to handle precious cargo.

Gary - peering down the envelope I see pink tags. Are those seeds from you?
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2016   #334
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I'm at 993 PM's with no time to delete any. Will I "break" T'ville over the weekend?

Going out today, just 2...

NE Ge L
UT Fo D

The swap is kind of like a 100 foot extension cord, tangled. I work at the easy loose end first, knowing I'll eventually have to get way down to that jumble. I'm almost through that part, and then it gets easier at the finish. Most of the last tomato/pepper packages to regular participants should be just about ready to go out on Monday. Lurkers right after that. And those also in the bean swap, maybe another week+.
Old January 8, 2016   #335
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruofgardens View Post

Of course! She's been trained in how to handle precious cargo.

Gary - peering down the envelope I see pink tags. Are those seeds from you?
The tags are, but depending on the variety, those seeds...maybe not. Most of the hearts should be from me. Many of the rest were either bulk seed sent in that I re-bagged, or varieties in short supply that I futher split up.
Old January 8, 2016   #336
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Tormato, I drove by your house and saw through the windows you were still busy sorting ...
tangled.png
Do take a BREAK, have a good weekend everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
The swap is kind of like a 100 foot extension cord, tangled. I work at the easy loose end first, knowing I'll eventually have to get way down to that jumble. I'm almost through that part, and then it gets easier at the finish...
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2016   #337
lexxluthor
Tomatovillian™

I would like to thank Tormato for the unbelievable job of organizing, sorting and filling our want lists. I would also like all of those who donated so many seeds so graciously. I would also like to thank my sponsor who put up tomato seeds for me when all I could donate was pepper seeds. I am shocked by the amount of pepper and mater seeds I received. I could open a small store with all the varieties. Thank you all and lets grow some maters !!!!

lexx
lexxluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2016   #338
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Gary, thanks for the heads up. The polar express, -30 wind chill is unfortunately headed here next week. I'll be listening for the truck so those babes can come in from the cold mailbox and we can stay warm together.

Quote:
I'm at 993 PM's with no time to delete any. Will I "break" T'ville over the weekend?

Going out today, just 2...

NE Ge L
UT Fo D

The swap is kind of like a 100 foot extension cord, tangled. I work at the easy loose end first, knowing I'll eventually have to get way down to that jumble. I'm almost through that part, and then it gets easier at the finish. Most of the last tomato/pepper packages to regular participants should be just about ready to go out on Monday. Lurkers right after that. And those also in the bean swap, maybe another week+.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2016   #339
k3vin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Going out today...

NE Do K ( HT???)
The Brianna seeds arrived today. Thankfully, unadultered. I took my sweet time opening them, just in case. Thanks again!
k3vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2016   #340
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3vin View Post
The Brianna seeds arrived today. Thankfully, unadultered. I took my sweet time opening them, just in case. Thanks again!
The ancient (brown label) ones might not germinate. If you're going to try those, and sow them 3-4 weeks before starting the others, they all might come up at the same time.
Old January 11, 2016   #341
green_go
Tomatovillian™

Got mine on Friday... still going though the seeds.. that's A LOT of seeds
My selection process for the next growing season will be tough
Thank you, Gary!
Old January 11, 2016   #342
Ricky Shaw
Tomatovillian™

It's an obscene amount of seeds. I'm kind of tortured with it as gluttonous, I've got like 28 spots total for tomatoes. Next year please cut my dose down, it's the merciful thing.
Ricky Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2016   #343
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

It's here and it gets more amazing each time !

{{{{{{{{Gary and everyone that participated}}}}}}}}

Also. thank you Gary for remembering and sharing my favorite root crop

- Lisa < will probably have to go to Wally Mart at 3am when I run thru my 2 packs of 100 index cards
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2016   #344
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
It's an obscene amount of seeds. I'm kind of tortured with it as gluttonous, I've got like 28 spots total for tomatoes. Next year please cut my dose down, it's the merciful thing.
Flash,

You have to tell me things in advance (like a maximum wish list of varieties and/or mysteries). Otherwise, there are almost no outer limits on what can fill a bubble mailer.

Ming the Merciless
Old January 12, 2016   #345
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Tormato aka Ming the Merciless,

Your mailbox has exploded.

Tormato has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote