Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 8, 2015   #346
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Pati and Marsha for the mention

The new site is here:
Heritage Seed Market.
It is nothing fancy (other than Ellie's beautiful photos) but it is functional and, I hope, easy to navigate. As with any new website, there will be things that need tweaking so I appreciate anything you see that needs attention.

This business model will give more small growers and hybridizers an opportunity to distribute their varieties to the public. And, breaking up the labor will allow me to spend more time growing new varieties, a luxury I haven't had for the last few years.

I wish everyone at Tomatoville a bountiful and healthy 2016,
Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2015   #347
clara
Tomatovillian™

Steve's and Ellie's new site is lovely! I had to spend quite some time to go through all those beauties they offer - very well done!
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2015   #348
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

It's wonderful ! Really ! Hi Steve, I'm Edna Comstock's friend, Deborah.
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2015   #349
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

@clara - Ha! I will be emailing you soon.

@Deborah - Thank you, it is great to see you posting again.

Steve
Old November 24, 2015   #350
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Placed an order and received my seeds in 4 days! It included some micro dwarfs which I started for a winter grow out and I had 100% germination. Great service and seeds Steve and Ellie.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2015   #351
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

l ordered seeds last week and received them in record time.

Many thanks for the free seeds, and I wish you the very best with the new joint venture!

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2015   #352
ed50
Tomatovillian™

I ordered my seeds last friday and they arrived here in Belgium today, 4 days later. Thank you for the very quick delivery Ellie and Steve and also for the bonus packets which were included. Wish you a lot of success with your nice work!

Greetings,
Eddy
ed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2015   #353
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

I ordered on Tuesday and they were delivered today, Saturday. Excellent since Thursday was a holiday.

Thank you so much for the bonus seeds. Off to look them up.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2015   #354
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

I order alot of seed from alot of vendors. Never have i bought 3 varieties and received 3 varieties as a bonus. Wow.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2015   #355
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Hi all,

Thanks much for the great feedback, I'm happy to hear that our seeds are making good time on the journey to their new homes, I will notify Ellie of your comments!

Also, Ellie enjoys giving away seeds as much as she enjoys selling them so I'm not surprised she is generous with the "gift" packs.

The site will have a couple of exciting announcements in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

Steve

Last edited by Heritage; November 30, 2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old December 17, 2015   #356
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Muddy Bucket Farms (Ted) has his tomatoes up now at Heritage Seed Market!
I was just at the site and they've added 19 more Dwarf Project tomatoes including two MBF exclusives - Dwarf Crimson Sockeye and Tennessee Suited. Now I just have to find more room in the garden.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2015   #357
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Default Two exciting additions at Heritage Seed Market!

1. - We are honored to have “Muddy Bucket Farm” join “Heritage Seed Market” as a partner in the seed business. Most of you know the owner,Ted Maiden (aka ContainerTed), for his thoughtful and helpful posts here at Tomatoville. Ted was also responsible for supplying the Dwarf Tomato Project distribution seed for vendors during the early years of the project. He is an expert tomato grower and is always willing to share his expertise with novice growers. Included in Ted’s initial offerings are two exclusive releases from the Dwarf Tomato Project: “Dwarf Crimson Sockeye” and “Tennessee Suited”. You can check out all of Ted’s initial offerings here.

Welcome aboard, Ted!

Edit to add: Muddy Bucket Farm thread here at Tomatoville can be found here.

2. - I am excited to join Remy, Tatiana, Mike and Ted in the release of the new “Dwarf Tomato Project” varieties. Thank you to Craig and Patrina for including “Heritage Tomato Seed” as a vendor in this record-setting release, (24 varieties released this year!) Also thanks to Bill Minkey for growing/supplying the seeds for this release. Finally, thank you to all of the Tomatoville members for your participation in the project and a special “thanks” to the Tomatoville members who allowed us to use their photos on our websites: Patrina Nuske Small, dinca, ginger2778, ScottinAtlanta, Idahowoman, ckeiper, Medbury Gardens, recruiterg, and PaulF.

You can view the 17 Dwarf project varieties I am releasing plus the 2 exclusive releases from “Muddy Bucket Farm” here.

Steve

Last edited by Heritage; December 17, 2015 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Add link to Muddy Bucket Farm thread
Old December 17, 2015   #358
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patihum View Post
Muddy Bucket Farms (Ted) has his tomatoes up now at Heritage Seed Market!
I was just at the site and they've added 19 more Dwarf Project tomatoes including two MBF exclusives - Dwarf Crimson Sockeye and Tennessee Suited. Now I just have to find more room in the garden.
Ha! Thanks Pati, you beat me to it
Old December 19, 2015   #359
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

I placed my first ever order with Heritage Seed Market earlier this week and received my seeds today already! One variety was a micro-dwarf which we sowed immediately for something to grow inside this winter. In addition to the 4 packs we ordered, there were some surprise freebies!! Very much appreciated the nice surprise. I also received a prompt email from Ellie when my order shipped. I highly recommend anybody buy from Heritage Seed Market. Best of luck with your new endeavor.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2015   #360
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
I placed my first ever order with Heritage Seed Market earlier this week and received my seeds today already! One variety was a micro-dwarf which we sowed immediately for something to grow inside this winter. In addition to the 4 packs we ordered, there were some surprise freebies!! Very much appreciated the nice surprise. I also received a prompt email from Ellie when my order shipped. I highly recommend anybody buy from Heritage Seed Market. Best of luck with your new endeavor.
Hi jmsieglaff,

Thank you for the comments! Ellie loves the micro dwarfs and basket varieties - they are two of the types Ellie will be concentrating on in the future. I'll let her know of your kind remarks.

Steve