Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old February 26, 2012   #31
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Oh, one last thing you'll probably want to consider and take care with is the pH. I believe (though I'm not certain) that SM#4 is neutral pH while the OF is adjusted to a range of 6.3 to 6.8 per the mfg'er. If that is so, you may find the resulting mix to be more acidic than your previous 100 SM#4 versions. Something to think about and address with more lime, etc.

--naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2012   #32
sprtsguy76
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn-I will tell you what hearts I'm growing this year if you send me seed of all the hearts you have that I have not grown. Deal???? Wasn't there a green PL heart in there some where or em I loosing it???

Ok here is my heart list-

Ukrainian Heart
Anna Russian
Orange Strawberry
Kosovo
and a heart I'm working on called Lilah's Heart named after my new 1 month old daughter

Ray- when do you put your cukes out, or do you direct sow all your cukes?

Damon
sprtsguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2012   #33
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsguy76 View Post

Ukrainian Heart
Anna Russian
Orange Strawberry
Kosovo
and a heart I'm working on called Lilah's Heart named after my new 1 month old daughter

Damon
Wow- those are very happy looking plants, Damon! I'm curious as to whether the first four hearts are repeats for you or new ones?

Love your babys' name (daughter and tomat ).

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2012   #34
greyghost
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful plants, Damon. Good luck with your little daughter's namesake.
Would love to see pics of her, too. Darlene
greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2012   #35
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Damon,

I just started my Sweeter Yet and Diva seeds today indoors, in the Happy Frog Mix. I will also plan on direct sow outdoors as well in 2 weeks, and use the indoor starts as backup. I will be putting in 12 cuke plants per EarthTainer, same as the Celery spacing which worked out well.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2012   #36
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Carolyn-I will tell you what hearts I'm growing this year if you send me seed of all the hearts you have that I have not grown. Deal???? Wasn't there a green PL heart in there some where or em I loosing it???

Ukrainian Heart
Anna Russian
Orange Strawberry
Kosovo

Ray- when do you put your cukes out, or do you direct sow all your cukes?

Damon
Damon, no dealie.

You've shown your hand but I'm not showing mine b'c I don't have all the new seeds in yet. Besides, there were quite a few new good hearts in my recent seed offer here.

Right now I can't even remember if you participated and I'm too lazy to go look at the list of participants as I copied them down when they e-mailed me for my address.

A green when ripe heart? Yes, two lines, one being with Cherokee Green and the other with Green Giant, both being initiated and worked on by Reinhard Kraft in Germany.

Happy one month Birthday wishes to that new daughter of yours and I love her name and will look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old February 28, 2012   #37
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Damon! Those seedlings look awesome! Looks like you will have one happy garden

I'm just seeding mine for outdoors (aside from the wild hair I got a month ago, no idea what I am going to do with those guys, lol..they are already 6" tall and its way too early so Iguess it's going to be round 2 indoors here !). I'll have to look into potting mixes for my swc's. I was going to just use the Promix, but reading all about the Fox Farms mixes has me curious .
Old February 28, 2012   #38
sprtsguy76
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all the kinds words everyone.

Kath-kind of a shocker for myself I'm not growing any new hearts this year. All those on my list are repeats and probably my favorite group of hearts.

Carolyn-So are these green hearts stable yet???? I found 2 RL seedlings in my Green Giant bunch which was grown right next to Kosovo last year, ohhhh the possibilities????????

Lakelady-I'm a huge fan of Fox Farms, especially when it come to their soil!
sprtsguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2012   #39
kath
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Kath-kind of a shocker for myself I'm not growing any new hearts this year. All those on my list are repeats and probably my favorite group of hearts.
Having read your past threads/posts, I suspected that might be the case and wanted to be sure this was your "favorites" list- I'm happy for you and a bit envious that you don't feel the need to grow new ones this year, Damon, and hope to join that club soon.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote