Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 4, 2015   #496
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Marsha - I hope everything goes well and you recover quickly. BZZZZZ
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2015   #497
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Marsha,
Best of luck with your procedure and a quick recovery.
Larry
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2015   #498
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Thank you all. Bzzzzing too!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2015   #499
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Marsha, good luck and keep us posted!!! Gotta get back on track tobuse the new Vegi bee soon... :-)

Buzzzzzzzz... :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2015   #500
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiishergurl View Post
Marsha, good luck and keep us posted!!! Gotta get back on track tobuse the new Vegi bee soon... :-)

Buzzzzzzzz... :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
True true. Got a call at 5:15, they changed my arrival time to 10 am from 8. Gotta go hungry all that time.
I'll post soon as I can, might even be tomorrow evening, depends how I feel. I know
I have a very top notch surgeon, and this isn't his first rodeo, should be straight forward.
Old November 4, 2015   #501
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Best bet is take care of yourself,don't rush,rest up,too humid and muggy outside for any real contributing activities anyway.Stay inside and heal.
Old November 4, 2015   #502
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Best bet is take care of yourself,don't rush,rest up,too humid and muggy outside for any real contributing activities anyway.Stay inside and heal.
Thank you my friend. Sound advice that I will follow. Agree about the heat and humidity. Enough already, right?
Old November 5, 2015   #503
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Back home now. Hospital had me come in at 10am, didn't get into surgery until 2, woke in recovery about 4, but shaking off the anesthesia, getting fluids in me, and general after surgery stuff made it about 7 pm when we left for home. I am very sore, it is hard to swallow, all to be expected.
Hubs bought me a quart of delicatessen chicken noodle soup, so I had a bowl for my only meal today. I took a hydrocodone and a diclofenac for the pain. The surgeon said it was straight forward and went very well, so great to hear. Going to go to bed, the narcotic is kicking in. Good night my friends.
Old November 5, 2015   #504
kunosoura
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Back home now. Hospital had me come in at 10am, didn't get into surgery until 2, woke in recovery about 4, but shaking off the anesthesia, getting fluids in me, and general after surgery stuff made it about 7 pm when we left for home. I am very sore, it is hard to swallow, all to be expected.
Hubs bought me a quart of delicatessen chicken noodle soup, so I had a bowl for my only meal today. I took a hydrocodone and a diclofenac for the pain. The surgeon said it was straight forward and went very well, so great to hear. Going to go to bed, the narcotic is kicking in. Good night my friends.
I'm thrilled that everything seemed to go as planned. Best wishes for a truly restful night.
kunosoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2015   #505
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

So glad you are home. Sweet dreams my friend.

Ginny
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2015   #506
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Glad to hear things went well for you today. Hope you have a good nights sleep.
Larry
Old November 5, 2015   #507
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for letting us know you're OK. I was thinking about you and the surgery throughout the day. I'm so happy it went well.

Your hubby did a good job with the soup.

Now it's rest and recovery.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2015   #508
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

Glad all went well and hope you got a good nights rest.
kayrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2015   #509
kurt
Tomatovillian™

I guess you do know that any kind of lifting,quick neck movements, "screaming at husband", does not bode well for the that area of the body.My father in law went through that scenario years ago and learned the hard way trying to be over active after his thyroid issues.Glad to hear procedure went well.
Old November 6, 2015   #510
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Default Sneak Attack by ? Last Night

Night before last something pulled a 3" ripening GGWT tomato from the plant and ate almost all of it. I can live with that.
But, last night something worse happened. I had 5 trays (90 plants) of Broccoli seedlings out where they can catch the sun. Most were approximately 1 3/4 inch high with their first true leaves.
Looked at them first thing this morning and something had devoured over 2/3s of the seedlings. Most were completely gone but a few had stems only sticking up. The soil was not much disturbed. My guess is an opossum.
Any ideas of what may have done this and how to deal with it would be much appreciated.
Larry