Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 27, 2015   #46
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Large cherry made up over 80 % of the fruits. Some plants produced red tomatoes and others produced pink. There were more plants with the pink fruits then red. Both tasted good. The reds tasted a little more intense to me. The others ranged in size with the largest fruits about the size of tennis balls. Several plants had fruits that were oblong. All the plants were vigorous and stayed pretty health. I got hit with a hard freeze last weekend without having any frosts prior to it. I try again next year, but less plants (yeah right).

Below is a picture of some I will be going forward with, both the red and the yellow. All the fruit in the picture came from the same plant. Most fruit went from green to orange and then red, except one branch that the fruit went from green the yellow with a hint of orange and had green shoulders.
EPBxBB_Oblong.jpg
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2015   #47
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Thanks again Dutch! Sounds like you've got some nice leads out of your big growout. I'll update this thread next year with what I grow.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote