Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 12, 2016   #46
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Aztek is delicious. It's as good as any yellow cherry I have ever tasted. The fruit are fairly large for a cherry as well. The plant itself will need a tiny little stake to keep from falling over from the weight of the fruit.
Hi-
Have not heard of Aztek before. Looks similar to Yellow Canary and Balconi Yellow? Are you aware of a seed source in the U.S.? (All I found was UK.)
Thanks,
GG
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #47
TC_Manhattan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgardens View Post
Hi-
Have not heard of Aztek before. Looks similar to Yellow Canary and Balconi Yellow? Are you aware of a seed source in the U.S.? (All I found was UK.)
Thanks,
GG
Heritage Seed Market carries them.

Here's the link: http://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product/aztek/

Someone here on T-Ville said they were their favorite cherry I think.
TC_Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #48
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Aztek is included in my seed offer. There's a thread on here under the available for trade section. PM me for my address, send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I will mail you seed.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #49
TC_Manhattan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Aztek is included in my seed offer. There's a thread on here under the available for trade section. PM me for my address, send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I will mail you seed.

Cole Robbie, I'll bet it was you who said this was a favorite cherry!
TC_Manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #50
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

For me, this year will be most interesting Gallant F1 Stupice is one of its grandparents. Interested me particularly DTM.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #51
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by charline View Post
I found two real family heirlooms from the center of France that nobody knows about , only a few persons in those villages. I am very proud to get them and looking forward to grow them.
They have been passed on in those two families for several generations and now they will go out in this big world because I have sent some seeds to Carolyn . She will give them to her seed producers and then you all can get them....

they are called:

La grosse à Lulu
La Nénesse

Charline, most of the other ones you sent me get listed in the upcoming seed offer.

But if you sent seeds of the two you mentioned above, I haven't gotten them.Maybe still in transit?

I'm also getting very worried about many seeds sent to me from Marina in Russia, she sent them I think several weeks ago.

But I also remember that twice Andrey in Belarus sent me seeds and they never got here.

Carolyn
Old December 12, 2016   #52
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Yep, Aztek is as good as any yellow cherry I have ever tasted, which is impressive to me coming from a container plant.

Carolyn, funny you mention missing mail. A friend in Holland sent me a letter about a month ago, and it has yet to arrive. All of my other international mail has arrived ok, fairly quickly even.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #53
gorbelly
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by charline View Post
I found two real family heirlooms from the center of France that nobody knows about , only a few persons in those villages. I am very proud to get them and looking forward to grow them.
They have been passed on in those two families for several generations and now they will go out in this big world because I have sent some seeds to Carolyn . She will give them to her seed producers and then you all can get them....

they are called:

La grosse à Lulu
La Nénesse
Ooo. Is there any description yet (size, taste, habit, etc.)? I'd love to get a report on these.
gorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016   #54
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbelly View Post
Ooo. Is there any description yet (size, taste, habit, etc.)? I'd love to get a report on these.
I'm sure Charline could give you her experience with both,but until my seed producers work with them next summer and grow them in different areas, and have a good growing summer, which didn't happen this past summer they won't be available until perhaps the 2018 seed offer.

Carolyn
Old December 13, 2016   #55
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Default International mail

Ah, yes, the vagaries of international mail. Actually, I've almost always received my seeds. Seeds sent from the U.S. have actually arrived in 6 days a number of times. However, in one trade, neither I nor the person in the U.S. received the seeds. It's been many weeks now, so we've given up. Very strange!
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016   #56
charline
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

I dont know anything about these two varieties. Thats the fun and the suspense. I will keep you updated next season .

Carolyn, the seeds are on the way with some others that I produced this summer. (Rosa de Zarautz, Rose de l'Omio and Léon noire)
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016   #57
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

The names alone sound very exciting ..!
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016   #58
gorbelly
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I'm sure Charline could give you her experience with both,but until my seed producers work with them next summer and grow them in different areas, and have a good growing summer, which didn't happen this past summer they won't be available until perhaps the 2018 seed offer.

Carolyn
I have patience when it comes to getting seeds. I'm just always hungry for information about new varieties. I can't wait to hear more. Any info on their history? Cute names. Does anyone know how they came by those names?
gorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016   #59
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I have patience when it comes to getting seeds. I'm just always hungry for information about new varieties. I can't wait to hear more. Any info on their history? Cute names. Does anyone know how they came by those names?
Two new from France!. Can I get on the waiting list?
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2016   #60
charline
Tomatovillian™

for a long time these two tomatoes didnt have a name. But now they are going out in this wide world they got the name of the gardener who grew them:
Lulu is a woman
Nénesse is the nickname for a man called Ernest
charline is offline   Reply With Quote