Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old May 4, 2007   #76
tomatoaddict

Mark,
I'm so sorry... I don't have any Coyote.
Old May 4, 2007   #77
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Dave, thanks for volunteering to bring the buns, you reckon 36 or so would be enough? I'm also bringing some extra ziploc bags incase someone talks me into taking some left over food home. :-) I recently made some great sourdough bread and if time permits I'll make a couple loaves.

Jerry, is Deborah [your better half] going to bring Lime Bars or those Killer Brownies?

Mark, I've got extra Mexico Midgets if you want to try it? Kids should love it as it's very small with great taste.

I've got a couple of extra Big Bertha peppers [bought] if anyone wants them? The plants asked for by members are looking good.

Will post again if I can think of anything else.
Old May 4, 2007   #78
Dave_Z6
CHOPTAG™

Default Plant Swap

Earl:
I think 36 buns should br spot on and I'll pick them up tomorrow. If we should run short, a slice of your bread covered with pork would suit me too.
See ya Sunday.
Dave
Old May 5, 2007   #79
richardsom
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomorrow....

Sounds great! Really look forward to it. Earl and Miss Mudcat...thanks for sharing the cherries. I will just bring a mix of stuff. Miss Mudcat...I would also love a few eggplants. I love the Dusky and would be interested in trying the Italian one and Rosa Bianca you mentioned. I just had lousy germination this year.

A new Krogers opened right up the road so if we need anything I would be happy to make a Kroger run.

I will guess I'm there at 2 pm. I will swing by the park in the morning to post of reservation form. I'm bringin two relatives and a co-worker who are all looking forward to helping you get rid of a few of those extra plants.

Mark

ps Anyone heard from Ken/Tom?
Old May 6, 2007   #80
tomatoaddict

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that Frank and I got home just fine.
Gave all the seedlings a good watering and a misting of fish emulsion.
It was so great to meet you all.
Earl, your pork was great and your wife is a sweetie.
Gary, it was a pleasure to meet such a rockstar in the tomato world .
Your friend Cathy was such a nice lady. I really enjoyed talking with her.
Msmudcat.... what a beautiful family you have and your tomato plants are beautiful too. Thanks for the Wes.
Thanks everyone for such a nice time. Hope to see you all at the tastefest. 8)
Terry & Frank
Old May 7, 2007   #81
BrokenAppleTree
CHOPTAG™

Hi All,
Sorry I missed out. Life has a way of getting very busy when you least need it to. Everything is fine, just too many irons in the fire!

- Brian
Old May 7, 2007   #82
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Hello Just wanted to say I enjoyed all the conversation.I have got high hopes for all the babies I brought home. Thanks Susan
Old May 7, 2007   #83
Melissa
Tomatovillian™

Hopefully my plants found homes. If you took home a plant in a small styrofoam cup, they have not been hardened off yet. If no one took any of them, disregard above.

Gary, it was great to see you and your neighbor. Thank you for the plants. :-) Hopefully we'll see you again the 2nd.

The only question I really have is if the person that brought the Key Lime bars would share the recipe.
Old May 8, 2007   #84
ZBQ
Tomatovillian™

The wife and I had a good time Sunday and it was nice to see everyone again and meet some new tomato heads too.

Gary, the Black Cherry Suprise and Jezebell Sauce were DELICIOUS! and as always it was really nice to have another installment of Tomato University.

Lisa, the salad was awsome! I haven't had a salad that tasted that good and fresh since my grandma and grandpa had a garden out on the farm. Do you have the recipe for the dressing?

I received a tomato named Van Wert, Ohio and I am not sure whose it was. I would like to find out more about it, like the history, description etc. since I used to live in Van Wert it has a special significance for me.

Earl, great job on the pulled pork.

Sorry my plants were not as nice as everyone else's. I got a late start.
Old May 8, 2007   #85
tomatoaddict

I recieved a tomato that just said Steve X. I'm not quite sure what it is or who gave it to me. Anyone have any info?
Old May 8, 2007   #86
Dave_Z6
CHOPTAG™

Default Steve's X

Terry:
I think Lisa brought those.
Look at the 7th CHOPTAG thread for info.
Great tasting !
Dave
Old May 9, 2007   #87
Miss_Mudcat
Tomatovillian™

Hey Terry,
Yes, it was me... did you find out what you needed to know from the other thread?

Nice to meet you, and great to see everyone again. Our family had a fabulous time! Looking forward to taste testing in August!

Lisa
Old May 15, 2007   #88
tootaloo
Tomatovillian™

Default learning about my babies

As I get the tomato trades planted, I reseach them. I am just as excited as the ones I planned for my own garden. I love this gathering. Thanks for taking the time to organize .
Old May 16, 2007   #89
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

I tried to behave myself this year. Only take a couple new plants home I tell myself. Did myself listen? Nooooooo!

On top of my lack of self-control my dear wife brings home several also. One she slipped in is called Phantom. I’m sure she took it because we had a great dog named Phantom. When I asked her what is was going to grow up to be she said she didn’t know.

I haven’t been able to find anything on-line about it, so would the person who so generously donated this plant to my already over crowed garden please step forward and identify it?

Thanks,
Old May 16, 2007   #90
tomatoaddict

Phantom of Laos RL
Old variety originating from Laos, large fruits white-yellowish slightly flattened. Very vigorous and very productive plant (it is most productive which we cultivated this year!). Excellent resistance to the diseases. Sweet flavour. There is a strange legend about this variety: the nights of full moon, the villagers deposit it on the edges of the windows and if the tomato becomes fluorescent, a ghost is not far!

Hey Jerry,
She got that one from me. I got the seed from a seedman in Belgium. I can't tell you anything about the taste as I am also trying it for the first time this year. The picture I have of it looks like a small beefsteak type. I hope it turns out to be a winner.