Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 5, 2017   #76
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJones View Post
When did you hit the subscribe button?
I didn't on him.
Hellmanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2017   #77
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
He has a seed business, why would he not want anyone to see his personal information? Unless..There was no shipping label..
I can't answer that, but my conclusion was not that he is running a complete scam.
JohnJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2017   #78
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
When did you hit the subscribe button?
Not him other people, I have just about unsubscribed to everyone.

You want to tick one of them off call them out and make them look stupid.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2017   #79
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Oh, there was WAY to many styrofoam crumbles on top/bottom of the frame when he removed the packaging.
Old March 5, 2017   #80
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

One more observation.
He has this package on the desk, never opened, as if he just got it delivered ... keeps talking about it seemed that he knew exactly what is in it ... opens it up , voila !
Then he puts tons of seeds in the water, cold turkey . Hey, you don't experiment 87 years old seeds like that. Take a few and test germinate them, research and learn how to wake up old seeds. I wouldn't trust to buy any seeds on the EBay, never mind some expensive 87 year old seeds.
One more thing about these Youtube gardening videos that they keep talking and talking like for ever and doing very little. They love being on the camera.
Call me skeptic. That is who I am.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2017   #81
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I can't answer that, but my conclusion was not that he is running a complete scam.
You can bet when he lays his head down at night, he is plotting on how to get and keep subscribers!
Old March 5, 2017   #82
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
One more observation.
He has this package on the desk, never opened, as if he just got it delivered ... keeps talking about it seemed that he knew exactly what is in it ... opens it up , voila !
Then he puts tons of seeds in the water, cold turkey . Hey, you don't experiment 87 years old seeds like that. Take a few and test germinate them, research and learn how to wake up old seeds. I wouldn't trust to buy any seeds on the EBay, never mind some expensive 87 year old seeds.
One more thing about these Youtube gardening videos that they keep talking and talking like for ever and doing very little. They love being on the camera.
Call me skeptic. That is who I am.
He completely set it up. He went into to much detail on the story at times. To me, he incriminated himself.
Old March 5, 2017   #83
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

I've gone in and nicely asked him to address a couple of questions that came up here. I doubt he responds since the vid is a month old and he gets lots of comments, but at least I can see if he deletes my comment as some have suggested he does.
Old March 5, 2017   #84
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I just commented too and yes it was me that brought up deleting you can bring up my name any time you want.

Worth
Old March 5, 2017   #85
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
You can bet when he lays his head down at night, he is plotting on how to get and keep subscribers!
Sure he is, its a business for him, be a bad businessman not to. Its another step to say he is perpetrating a fraud, but opinions will differ.
Old March 5, 2017   #86
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I just commented too and yes it was me that brought up deleting you can bring up my name any time you want.

Worth
I honestly couldn't remember Worth and I'm on my tablet which locks up and loses my typing half the time so I didn't want to go look for the post.
I'll call your butt out when I need to...
Old March 5, 2017   #87
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Well that didn't take long.
Here is what I said and his reply.

Me,
Dude you either got ripped off or you are ripping off everyone on your channel for views and subscribers. Which is it? I wont even go into the details as to how fake the so called 87 year old shadow box full of seeds is.

His,
Really. Explain to me just how fake it is. I would like to hear your thoughts Maybe I made the fake listing too that I bought it off of, and maybe I paid someone to package it too, and maybe I am just doing something that I find interesting and not for views only. Go ahead, humor us all.

Me,
I just got my answer thanks.

Worth

Last edited by Worth1; March 5, 2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old March 6, 2017   #88
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Default Where he got it

Here's where he got it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1777813...ket-assemblage It's down on the page. Notice that it says the 1940s, and it doesn't say anything about having hung in the seed company's headquarters.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2017   #89
cloz
Tomatovillian™

Looks like it was framed yesterday.

Cloz
cloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2017   #90
JohnJones
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamesNorway View Post
Here's where he got it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1777813...ket-assemblage It's down on the page. Notice that it says the 1940s, and it doesn't say anything about having hung in the seed company's headquarters.

Steve
Great find. I'm not familiar at all with Etsy and couldn't find the listing using Google. I hope he responds to my question concerning how he zeroed in on 1930 for the date of the seeds. Obviously the shadowbox is not that early and he should acknowledge that somewhere since he stated that it was in the vid.

Good to confirm that he almost certainly bought the display from a seller and didn't create it for the purpose of deceiving his viewers.