Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 13, 2018   #931
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Mountain View Post
Here's my first KARMA Pink two days after plant out and immediately after weathering her first (surprise) thuderstorm set. She's a trooper! I have one more waiting to go out and the third will be gracing a good friend's garden. I just had to share!
So glad you did. She is beyond beautiful!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018   #932
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Those are such pretty blossoms, KD. You guys , this is so special.

Mark need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos need photos,need photos, need photos, need photos,need photos need photos, need photos, need photos need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos, need photos
Old May 13, 2018   #933
clara
Tomatovillian™

I had to pay attention: ALL my seedlings are gone into family's and friends' gardens, but two for me! They are in a container since yesterday, in a rectangular one of 60 liters. I hope they'll like it there!
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018   #934
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
I had to pay attention: ALL my seedlings are gone into family's and friends' gardens, but two for me! They are in a container since yesterday, in a rectangular one of 60 liters. I hope they'll like it there!
You mean all the KARMAs,or actually all but 2 seedlings? You are not gardening for yourself this year?
Old May 13, 2018   #935
clara
Tomatovillian™

5 seedlings have gone to family and friends and 2 are now in my own garden. I had to pay attention to keep at least those 2 for me...
Old May 13, 2018   #936
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
5 seedlings have gone to family and friends and 2 are now in my own garden. I had to pay attention to keep at least those 2 for me...
I understand. I didn't think you wouldn't have a garden, lol.
Old May 13, 2018   #937
clara
Tomatovillian™

As long as my bones cooperate at least a little bit, I'll have a garden...
Old May 13, 2018   #938
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Default Karma pink clones update

started flowering a couple of days ago. They are open now. It is 14" tall. It was probably about 3-4" tall when planted. All original leaves have been taken off. Remember this was planted out after 4 days in a clone machine.

My 2nd KP clone - the one with all the roots is also doing great. Also right into an EB and shade after 2 PM for 2 days then intense sun after that.

It's raining now and tomorrow suppose to be tons of rainfall; I will get pictures when I can.

----
Also one of the plants with seeds that I sowed 3/17 has fruit and lots of flowers. This one went into an EB with no shade ever just a couple of sungold vines hanging over the cage.

Fruit about the size of a dime.

With my clones, March seed sowing, January seed sowing I feel like I have a lot of KPs. Will be battling warm nights soon with the aide of the veggie-bee.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018   #939
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

Just a brief update on my original (distressed) Karma Pink -- back from the brink. It is now doing well, generating good new leaves and roots. It looks a little funny from the lack of lower leaves, but in a month, it should look perfectly normal. My second planting seedlings are looking fine, also. Two in DE and two in 50/50 DE + coir. Continuing with the "Schultz Water" at 7 drops per quart of 10-10-10 liquid. The second batch will get some Jobes organics in the planting mix when transplanted (soon).
GG
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018   #940
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
started flowering a couple of days ago. They are open now. It is 14" tall. It was probably about 3-4" tall when planted. All original leaves have been taken off. Remember this was planted out after 4 days in a clone machine.

My 2nd KP clone - the one with all the roots is also doing great. Also right into an EB and shade after 2 PM for 2 days then intense sun after that.

It's raining now and tomorrow suppose to be tons of rainfall; I will get pictures when I can.

----
Also one of the plants with seeds that I sowed 3/17 has fruit and lots of flowers. This one went into an EB with no shade ever just a couple of sungold vines hanging over the cage.

Fruit about the size of a dime.

With my clones, March seed sowing, January seed sowing I feel like I have a lot of KPs. Will be battling warm nights soon with the aide of the veggie-bee.
I am amazed at yiur ingenuity, and I'm watching your progress carefully. I am do interested to see how far into the summer you can stretch the KP season. Fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatgardens View Post
Just a brief update on my original (distressed) Karma Pink -- back from the brink. It is now doing well, generating good new leaves and roots. It looks a little funny from the lack of lower leaves, but in a month, it should look perfectly normal. My second planting seedlings are looking fine, also. Two in DE and two in 50/50 DE + coir. Continuing with the "Schultz Water" at 7 drops per quart of 10-10-10 liquid. The second batch will get some Jobes organics in the planting mix when transplanted (soon).
GG
Its wonderful to hear that health has returned. I find the KPs to be very vigorous.
Old May 14, 2018   #941
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Here’s two of mine. Handled their transplant well. Starting to bloom.
Seed sown March 23
KO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 253CFAE4-AD85-4AB5-A596-BEA856A6ED5A.jpg (559.2 KB, 79 views)
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018   #942
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Beautiful. It won't be long now. Are these KPs?
Old May 14, 2018   #943
Hensaplenty
Tomatovillian™

Default Update

Here's my KARMA Pink. It was planted outside around April 12. Already got some babies!
I will be moving from zone 7b to zone 8a in a few weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARMAP1.JPG (136.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg KARMAP2.JPG (97.7 KB, 71 views)
Hensaplenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018   #944
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Beautiful. It won't be long now. Are these KPs?
Yes these are
K
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018   #945
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Here's my KP as of 05/14. It is looking good all over. The past few days have been high in low to mid-eighties (F) and lows in mid fifties. We shall see what comes when the temps get serious and the humidity disappears.
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote