Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 7, 2015   #91
GardeningCook
Tomatovillian™

While no photographer here (even though my husband recently bought me a camera WAY above my skill level that I've yet to learn how to use properly), I'm a confirmed dinnerware whore. Oh the collections I have!! Spanning any season or holiday you can imagine. I just ADORE lovely patterned dinnerware. And the basic stuff too.
Old August 7, 2015   #92
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I found a woman on youtube that was doing a review on a mixer or something I wanted to buy.
Then she had a video of her (((Collection Room))).
It must have been close to 400 square feet.
More gadgets pots pans molds racks mixers contraptions you name it it was there.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015   #93
Misfit
Tomatovillian™

Awesome pics... go birds!!!

-Jimmy
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015   #94
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

GardeningCook, it sounds like you have a lovely collection that far exceeds mine.
I love white ironstone and older dishes made of eggshell. My favorite patterns are vintage flowers, especially old roses, also love any older dishes with pretty birds on them. I have a few pretty platters also. I parted with some of my dishes a number of years back and only kept the ones I really love and use. Less is best for me at this stage in our lives.

Worth, that sounds like quite the collection!! Did you ever buy that mixer??
barefootgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015   #95
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootgardener View Post
GardeningCook, it sounds like you have a lovely collection that far exceeds mine.
I love white ironstone and older dishes made of eggshell. My favorite patterns are vintage flowers, especially old roses, also love any older dishes with pretty birds on them. I have a few pretty platters also. I parted with some of my dishes a number of years back and only kept the ones I really love and use. Less is best for me at this stage in our lives.

Worth, that sounds like quite the collection!! Did you ever buy that mixer??
Yes a nice red one, pro 600 factory refurbished.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015   #96
MissS
Tomatovillian™

I love all of your photos and it looks as if you are a GREAT cook. It is so nice to see not only someones garden produce but also what they have done with it.

If Mr. Oriole should return to your greenhouse you might wish to help him out and catch him to remove that material around his leg.
Old August 8, 2015   #97
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
I love all of your photos and it looks as if you are a GREAT cook. It is so nice to see not only someones garden produce but also what they have done with it.

If Mr. Oriole should return to your greenhouse you might wish to help him out and catch him to remove that material around his leg.
Thank you Patti! I really enjoy it!

No worries about Mr. Oriole.. The bit of material was attached to the feathers on his back leg and dropped off as he flew around. Thank goodness.

Ginny
Old August 8, 2015   #98
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
Awesome pics... go birds!!!

-Jimmy
Hey Jimmy.. Ahhh, I see your attachment to this beautiful oriole in a few way's ...

Sounds like a nice mixer Worth.. Has it served you well??

Last edited by barefootgardener; August 8, 2015 at 01:49 AM.
Old August 8, 2015   #99
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

Gee, Barefootgardener, how have I missed your awesome pictorial. Making mr very hungry reading it, though. You know I am only a hop, skip and jump away when you cook up too much. It has been a plentiful year with all the rain. Of course, I couldn't keep the diseases at bay.

Our orioles go away but come back for a while befor they truly migrate for the winter. They are such a pleasure to watch a nd hear.
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2015   #100
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyruhl View Post
Gee, Barefootgardener, how have I missed your awesome pictorial. Making mr very hungry reading it, though. You know I am only a hop, skip and jump away when you cook up too much. It has been a plentiful year with all the rain. Of course, I couldn't keep the diseases at bay.

Our orioles go away but come back for a while befor they truly migrate for the winter. They are such a pleasure to watch a nd hear.
Nancy, I wish it was only a hop, skip and a jump away, it would be lovely to share a meal with you sometime! But, with our adult children who live nearby I never seem to have leftovers for long!

How is your tomato harvest doing?

Ginny
Old August 10, 2015   #101
wildcat62
Tomatovillian™

Love this thread. I'm drooling over the pics.
wildcat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2015   #102
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Tall Utah Celery. I started the celery from seed in the late winter. I set out the seedlings in a large, well composted bed. I planted the seedlings in May and I harvested my first stalk today @ 2 feet tall. I have been harvesting a few stems here and there as needed since it is a cut and come again plant. I tried to cut it off at the base but had trouble, so I had to dig it up from the root with a shovel, and trust me, this plant had deep, strong roots. I use the leaves in soup, stir fry's, salad, pesto, smoothies and more.

Ginny

Last edited by barefootgardener; August 10, 2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old August 10, 2015   #103
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Picture will not load. Will try again..

Last edited by barefootgardener; August 10, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old August 10, 2015   #104
GardeningCook
Tomatovillian™

I'm guessing you don't blanch it?
Old August 10, 2015   #105
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardeningCook View Post
I'm guessing you don't blanch it?
When I first planted the seedlings in their deep raised bed I spaced them about a foot apart, and I mounded soil around each stalk as they grew, but I stopped blanching mid way as the plants grew and the stalks and leaves were large enough to help shade each other. I was also busy and it was so hot I did not worry about blanching later on. I did frequently take off some outer stalks to taste and use in my cooking and the stalks tasted crisp and sweet. So, so far so good.

Ginny