Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 3, 2018   #91
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

the title of this particular thread is KarenO’s 2018 garden.

I am Very Sure folks might enjoy a brand new thread about Victory seeds or any other topic you may wish to write about. It would be better to start a new thread where more people might see it than here.
I shall continue posting photos from my garden here on my thread instead if that is alright.

KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2018   #92
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Night owl climbing rose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24C38D2E-FB90-471C-989F-A8FE28AF436A.jpg (266.3 KB, 233 views)
Old June 3, 2018   #93
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Purple splash climbing rose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5345C80E-EE32-4B71-9A72-68C8955F3484.jpg (398.1 KB, 230 views)
Old June 3, 2018   #94
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
Karen, I think I see a piece of soil on the deck below your highest planter box. Please try to be less sloppy in the future.
I shall fix it immediately
Old June 3, 2018   #95
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Shady by the front door and pond and you can see another looming bare concrete retaining wall in the background... working on ideas to disguise it, climbing hydrangea maybe, we’ll get to it eventually
KarenO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2E96B00F-FDAD-48E5-9C03-8932ACE5DC74.jpg (660.6 KB, 230 views)
Old June 3, 2018   #96
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Awesome garden Karen!! Everything looks great and I like those planter boxes. Picture perfect, keep them coming!
Old June 3, 2018   #97
taboule
Tomatovillian™

Simply beautiful.
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2018   #98
bower
Tomatovillian™

OMG the roses. Serious rose lover here, but we don't do anything grafted and stick to the old fashioned types which are (thank goodness!) hardy to it all. Those are stupendous varieties you've got!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2018   #99
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
the title of this particular thread is KarenO’s 2018 garden.

I am Very Sure folks might enjoy a brand new thread about Victory seeds or any other topic you may wish to write about. It would be better to start a new thread where more people might see it than here.
I shall continue posting photos from my garden here on my thread instead if that is alright.

KarenO
I am perfectly aware of the fact that you started this thread, everyone knows that, but what you don't know is how and why I stopped by,I was going to share that with you and all, but have decided not to do so other than to share with you that I was supposed to get back in touch with the person from Oregon,couldn't find that thread,checked out a few things and found him here.

Last I knew no one owns a thread and anyone can post in any thread they want to here at Tville and have done so.And we've allseen threadsthatgoofftopic andthensomeonewillsaylet's getbacktotheoriginaltopic.

Another person you know also has beautiful rose gardens and that's Remy in western NY.

And I have a friend in MN who loves to propagate old roses that have no patent protection and then sends me small plants. I go for aroma, not so much for showy,but that's just me.After I moved back East from Denver to help out my parents I created lots of new flower gardens.I got very interested in the mini rose types and at one time had about 150 different varieties.

Our old farm near Albany belonged to the Shakers and when we got there we found lots of old roses and peonies that at first we couldn't ID,but we got help on that and I remember that one was a climbing rose called something like Seven Sisters.There was no problem IDing one of the peonies since it had been well known since the late 1800's,that one is Festiva Maxima, and is still popular now. The fragrance is outstanding

Good bye for now.We may meet again somewhere as that old song predicts re Dorothy and Over the Rainbow .

Carolyn,who just noticed she double posted below,post 100, and she should delete it but am suggesting just ignore it,thank you..
Old June 4, 2018   #100
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I am perfectly aware of the fact that you started this thread, everyone knows that, but what you don't know is how and why I stopped by,I was going to share that with you and all, but have decided not to do so other than to share with you that I was supposed to get back in touch with the person from Oregon,couldn't find that thread,checked out a few things and found him here.

Last I knew no one owns a thread and anyone can post in any thread they want to here at Tville and have done so.And we've all seen threads that go off topic and the someone might say,lets try to stay on topic.

Another person you know also has beautiful rose gardens and that's Remy in western NY.

And I have a friend in MN who loves to propagate old roses that have no patent protection and then sends me small plants. I go for aroma, not so much for showy,but that's just me.After I moved back East from Denver to help out my parents I created lots of new flower gardens.I got very interested in the mini rose types and at one time had about 150 different varieties.

Our old farm near Albany belonged to the Shakers and when we got there we found lots of old roses and peonies that at first we couldn't ID,but we got help on that and I remember that one was a climbing rose called something like Seven Sisters.There was no problem IDing one of the peonies since it had been well known since the late 1800's,that one is Festiva Maxima, and is still popular now. The fragrance is outstanding

Good bye for now.We may meet again somewhere as that old song predicts re Dorothy and Over the Rainbow .

Carolyn
Old June 4, 2018   #101
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Carolyn, for the clarification. The garden I do own and it gives me a lot of joy.

Here is A bowl of micro cherries and a few larger salad size earlier from the greenhouse. The seed for most of these came from a trade with Dorota in Poland, it has been fun to grow them and I thought they would be winding down by now but they seem to want to keep going so they can stay in the greenhouse til they are done

I am finding the earliest micro, Andrina, had ripened it’s first flush of fruit, took a little rest looking pretty rough it seemed and is now reblooming and growing new leaves. Perhaps the others will do the same.
I made some crosses with them and some Multifloras and also some striped tomatoes. The F1 of one is growing and the seeds of 4 other F1s are sown. I am looking for something fun and tasty of my own to grow indoors in late winter. The project will be shown in my Northern Gardener page once the F2’s get growing. So many ideas, so little space so I will go small for this project.
KarenO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 901C2B04-46A6-409E-B24E-133000844A3E.jpg (258.1 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg BE8596FC-1C5C-4CC1-8FAF-3AEFC7630A2E.jpg (391.2 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg AE943EBE-39BE-45E9-AC9C-64290C013971.jpg (575.8 KB, 206 views)
Old June 4, 2018   #102
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Those are mighty appetizing, especially on the metal platter.

I can't wait to see the roses on those trellises.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2018   #103
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

So impressive to have all those varieties ripening to eat in June! You do a great job with your northern greenhouse. Those micros were a real find.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2018   #104
dorota
Tomatovillian™

Karen,

they all are so beautiful. I am happy that you like them.

Dorota
dorota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2018   #105
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

My F3 selection from seed my mother saved from her favourite Hybrid determinate cherry Terrenzo. They are growing well (3 plants in this large pot). Blooming vigorously in waves setting pretty well every blossom.

KarenO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CD157735-674B-418F-96F4-E1A6B6F2128D.jpg (721.1 KB, 128 views)