Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 10, 2015   #91
charline
Tomatovillian™

I am a little late too. Will send seeds this week.
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2015   #92
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

My mailing address is here...

http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....&postcount=169
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2015   #93
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Clever, and thanks!
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2015   #94
SummerSky
Tomatovillian™

Ah, shoot. These last couple of weeks have been crazy hectic for me, and I forgot to send them out. They've been packed all neatly and everything. In my defense, it's harvest (field corn) season, hunting season, and cattle moving season, and we're still trying to close on our first house (which has been a long, drawn out process lasting over 60 days now). I've been slowly losing my mind.

So I'm going to send them out tomorrow. Because of the whole house thing, I erred on the side of caution and put the farm address (specifically my mom) down for the return.

Sorry about the delay, I wanted to get these out over a week ago!
SummerSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2015   #95
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

I just got mine ready, 20 packs total. Hope they get there soon enough for you to give people.

My wanted list is as follows.

11- KBX
4- Olpaka
2- Romeo
12- Juliet
6- JD special C-Tex
7- Large Barred Boar
5- Nepal
8- Neves Azorean red
1- San Marzano Redorta
3- Rocky (Paste)
9- Cuostralee
10- Eva PB
13- Anything unusual, colorful or weird

Last edited by BigVanVader; November 10, 2015 at 09:48 PM.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #96
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Hopefully, on Monday I'll be able to post a list of the peppers and other non-tomato items that have come in, so far.
Old November 13, 2015   #97
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Hopefully, on Monday I'll be able to post a list of the peppers and other non-tomato items that have come in, so far.
Gary i was in a hurry to send of the tomato seeds before the deadline and before i went on vacation so i did not send in any pepper seeds. Do you need any pepper seeds as i have millions of the same varieties i sent in last year. If you do when i get home i will send the ones you need.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #98
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

If there's one thing I'll decline in this swap, and that's a big hypothetical IF, it's repackaging mega-hot peppers.
(when I have time, I'll tell ya all about it)

So, about 5-10 packs of each would be great, unless you think seed would still be viable for 2017. Then I would take bulk packs. I have no problem giving away viable seed. I donate my extra extras to volunteers at the local state fair (~1,500,000 visitors a year)
Old November 13, 2015   #99
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

We buy vinyl gloves just for handling hot peppers. (allergic to latex) In years past, I've gotten hot pepper juice under my fingernails which made them burn for 3 days - much less wiping it into my eye... not anymore.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #100
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Forgot to wear gloves? Been there, done that.

QUOTE=Tormato;513428]If there's one thing I'll decline in this swap, and that's a big hypothetical IF, it's repackaging mega-hot peppers.

So, about 5-10 packs of each would be great, unless you think seed would still be viable for 2017. Then I would take bulk packs. I have no problem giving away viable seed. I donate my extra extras to volunteers at the local state fair (~1,500,000 visitors a year)[/QUOTE]
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #101
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
If there's one thing I'll decline in this swap, and that's a big hypothetical IF, it's repackaging mega-hot peppers.

So, about 5-10 packs of each would be great, unless you think seed would still be viable for 2017. Then I would take bulk packs. I have no problem giving away viable seed. I donate my extra extras to volunteers at the local state fair (~1,500,000 visitors a year)
I know better than to send in bulk seed of super hots. I wont be able to get them in the mail until at the soonest the 20th
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #102
zeagler
Tomatovillian™

List of wishes:
Amazon Chocolate
Anna Russian
Chef
Green Giant
Lucky Cross
Marizol Gold
Rebel Yell
Sweet Ozark Orange
Wes

Thanks
zeagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #103
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Mine went in the early mail this morning. Sent in a few flower seeds that I collected around the neighborhood. I'm going to experiment wintersowing this year. Had best intentions the last few years but ended up making a mess on the deck. Hopefully someone will play along with me and compare results.

- Lisa

Forgot to add that my peppers crossed and I ended up with hot marconi peppers mixed in this summer. I'll be buying fresh seeds so I don't have any peppers that I can share this year. I made a hot potato salad and it was not appreciated by my ladies group. Intend to bag next year AND grow anything hot far away (how far ??)

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; November 13, 2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added pepper info
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #104
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

Salt, submerge fingers in a solution of half water and half vinegar. I learned this from an ER nurse when I accidentally rubbed my eyelid while chopping peppers.
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2015   #105
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Salt, submerge fingers in a solution of half water and half vinegar. I learned this from an ER nurse when I accidentally rubbed my eyelid while chopping peppers.
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote