Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 20, 2012   #106
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack
After that snarky comment, I have to say I have lost any residual sympathy I might have had for them or their business. I can understand beginners on a web business making mistakes, but after specific problems are pointed out to them and they are either too lazy or feel too entitled to fix them, the true sleaziness of them and their website is apparent.
Yes, it is.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012   #107
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Honestly, I lost mine too, after I got 2 more emails from the same email address were I was called names, was accused of something that 'my Tville Mafia folks' did to them, and was even threatened that if I do not do something they want then... I will not repeat it here. Well, I guess next time I better think twice before I volunteer to help some people, what else can I say?

You'd be stunned if you saw the contents of the other 2 emails.

Am I overreacting? It feels like a harassment, if not more ...

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; November 20, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012   #108
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Tania - If you received threatening emails maybe you should file a police report?
Old November 20, 2012   #109
Tania
Tomatovillian™

It was not threatening my life - just a bullying type of threat.

As to 'my Tomatoville Mafia' - I guess this was referring to all my friends and customers at Tomatoville. It is true that I really enjoy being part of Tville community - just did not know it would be called 'Mafia'.

Anyway, this is one of those unpleasant things that happen sometimes - I now need to re-focus my attention to all the positive things and the amazing people I am so fortunate to have met.

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; November 20, 2012 at 01:57 AM.
Old November 20, 2012   #110
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Well, even bullying is very politically INcorrect these days, especially online. Internation bullying.......sounds like terrorism to me! Its late, maybe tomorrow you will get some more input. Try not to worry about these losers.
Old November 20, 2012   #111
easttx_hippie
Tomatovillian™

just did not know it would be called 'Mafia'.

The difference being that we don't send folks to sleep with the fishes....it might mess up the fish emulsion for our tomatoes.
easttx_hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012   #112
salix
Tomatovillian™

Put those losers out of your mind, Tania. I must say, have never been prouder to be part of an outlaw organization!
Old November 20, 2012   #113
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

If that were the case, then I guess la cosa nostra would be offering protection to heirloom tomatoes! After all, those plants pay us well year after year...!

Seriously, though, I'm sorry to hear you're being harassed. Even if there's nothing to be done about these emails, you and anyone else who is getting them should save them in case the harassment continues or escalates. I hope it doesn't!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012   #114
frdlturner
Tomatovillian™

Tania's site boring HAHA I find it not boring at all... you learn about countries where the tomatoes come from... to imagine the lives of those that originally grew them what was their lives like the culture... how did they prepare them..
to be able to go there and talk about the old days how they struggled to grow them ..... the history of how the seeds travel from their country to ours...

Boring would be making up funny names and picture and twisting history to sale them instead of telling their true story....

Sorry for going on like this but the truth and history is so much more exciting than a bunch of lies....
frdlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012   #115
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttx_hippie View Post
just did not know it would be called 'Mafia'.

The difference being that we don't send folks to sleep with the fishes....it might mess up the fish emulsion for our tomatoes.
Now, that's funny.
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2012   #116
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default If it continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
It was not threatening my life - just a bullying type of threat.

As to 'my Tomatoville Mafia' - I guess this was referring to all my friends and customers at Tomatoville. It is true that I really enjoy being part of Tville community - just did not know it would be called 'Mafia'.

Anyway, this is one of those unpleasant things that happen sometimes - I now need to re-focus my attention to all the positive things and the amazing people I am so fortunate to have met.
This is the American end for reporting,since it does originate from here.http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old November 20, 2012   #117
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

Come on, folks, Not everything has to be criminalized.
Old November 20, 2012   #118
Tania
Tomatovillian™

I am guessing perhaps I was viewed as a threat or a person with influence - hence the intimidation attempt.

As per our ancient instincts (some brain experts call it 'our reptilian brain' ), human beings attack when they feel threatened (well, same as any other living being - logical, isn't it?). That would explain it!

I have had a lot of exposure to cases of bullying behavior at workplace, and I think I know a psychology of a bully pretty well by now.

Tatiana

Quote:
"Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today, I am being grateful for all the things that come to my life - happy or sad, inspiring or intimidating.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old November 20, 2012   #119
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
Come on, folks, Not everything has to be criminalized.
only criminal behavior.
Old November 20, 2012   #120
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

We criminalize far too much in our fair country. That is why we have such enormous numbers of folks in jail. Sometimes, bad behavior is just bad behavior.

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy