Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 29, 2011   #31
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

I have a couple of plants struggling to stay alive in my garden after getting hit with some sort of root fungus and the worst spider mites if ever seen. I'm now dealing with some sort of bug that I can't quite identify. It's sort of like a small aphid, honey color but smaller. I almost thought thrips but aren't thrips white?
I sprayed a few days ago with a sesame oil formulation, mixed with a bit of Bonner's peppermint castille soap. I still have some green tomatoes on my Black tula, about 2-3 inches across so m going to keep trying to save the one tomato. I also have some small Sungolds that I planted this fall, in hopes of early spring tomatoes. I need to be vigilant about whatever these bugs are, as well as watching the weather and protecting for frost. The garden is in an area without much protection, unlike my pepper garden, which has the heat of my house.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote