Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 23, 2010   #31
Tania
Tomatovillian™

hmmm...

I thought the box.net works for all browser/OS combinations... apparently not!

When you preview, can you save the document?

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2010   #32
Chardon91
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana,

thanks for your catalogue in pdf format, I have saved it carefully. The seeds I ordered end of December arrived quickly. I liked the story of Marianna's peace. I found that the one I was growing were pointed compared to the pictures I could see. Since I ordered yours, I'll try them in comparison (without stopping growing mine since they taste great)

Many thanks again for your work.
Chardon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2010   #33
mjc
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post

When you preview, can you save the document?
No, it wouldn't let me save it from the preview, either.

But...now that I've got it, it is even better than before.
mjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2010   #34
shatbox
Tomatovillian™

Love the PDF format too! I don't know if it's just me but the colors seem to pop.

sBox
shatbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2010   #35
kimpossible
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana - call me naive, but how do you order from your site? I have two windows open - one with the downloadable catalogue & the other the website with the descriptions. But I don't see the interface with the ability to order online. Can you help me out? At this point I am thinking I would have to write down what I was interested & then figure out a way to submit my order. I don't think this is the case, and since I am having trouble, is there a better & more obvious way to integrate your catalogue & website to add a shopping cart & a clickable link/button to add the variety, with the options of quantity, to your cart? Such a system would most likely result in more sales.
At any rate, if I have overlooked something, I apologize. If not, please help me out with a more straight-forward method of placing an order.

Thanks, Tatiana

Kim
Old January 24, 2010   #36
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Hi Kim,

You can go directly to this link and order there:

http://tatianastomatobase.com/seed-order/html/

Alternatively, you can click on 'Order Seeds' in the navigation menu on the left side of any page. This will bring you to the Seed Order page:

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Category:Seed_Order

Sorry for making this too complicated - the order system is not integrated with wiki at this time, so there are no 'Add to Cart' buttons available in the TOMATObase pages.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old January 25, 2010   #37
season79
Tomatovillian™

Wonderful seed catalog! Thanks so much for posting.
season79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2010   #38
kimpossible
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the info & I will be placing my order shortly!
Old January 25, 2010   #39
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Thank you so much Kim, I really appreciate it!

I hope I did not manage to totally confuse you with the online order system (I know, it is quite different from any others... )

Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old January 25, 2010   #40
kimpossible
Tomatovillian™

No, No, ... I reached both those links prior to my post, but thought there might be another way - it is working well - as I type, I am going between pages - reading descriptions, then flipping to the purchase page ..., and of course, I am also looking through Carolyn's book at the same time, as I am determined to own all 100 Varieties in her book!

I love the photos, and the comprehensive descriptions - you have a great site.
Old January 26, 2010   #41
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
..., and of course, I am also looking through Carolyn's book at the same time, as I am determined to own all 100 Varieties in her book!
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
I love the photos, and the comprehensive descriptions - you have a great site.
Thank you

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old January 26, 2010   #42
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I am also looking through Carolyn's book at the same time, as I am determined to own all 100 Varieties in her book!

I don't know if that's possible, unless you can find some of them as a member of SSE in the yearbook.

If I'm able to save all my new this year varieties, I will have 50 of Carolyn's and 79 from Amy's book and 19 that are in both books. I have grown a few more from Carolyn's in the past and just didn't really care for them so dropped them. And from the descriptions in Amy's book, I wouldn't want to grow some in her book. Of course everyone has their own taste and some of those Amy doesn't like are some that I do.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2010   #43
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator

Just a few comments here but when my book first came out there were two individuals who wanted to offer all the ones in my book and those two were the late Chuck Wyatt and Glenn Drowns at Sandhill Preservation.

Glenn does offer most of them, I think.

I still have seeds for all of them featured in the book, and that includes the ones noted on the page that precedes the pictures, but even though many of those seeds are quite old now, I still keep them. Actually I have kept all the saved seeds from almost everything I ever grew going back to about 1990. Those who were around when most of us posted at GW and AOL before Tville opened in January of 2006 know that b'c each year I used to make a seed offer at GW with hundreds of varieties to chose from each year.

And of course seeds for almost everything I ever grew were available as listed in the SSE YEarbooks and most still are, although now I list far fewer varieties as opposed to the hundreds that I used to list. Since 2005 I grow only those varieties that will be new to all or most rather than listing varieties already listed, b/c I can grow far fewer varieties now than I used to b'c of this walker and someone else doing all my growing for me, and that includes my faves, which are fragrant perennials. The summer of 2004 is the last time I grew hundreds of varieties.

No single variety is ever going to meet the expectations of all individuals either due to being grown in a not great summer or b/c if grown twice, which I always did if a variety came to me highly recommended, or b'c the taste doesn't suit an individual person, so my mantra was and is to always just keep on growing different varieties, which I still do even though someone else has to do all my gardening for me now b/c of my being in this walker b'c of a fall back in Dec of 2004.

And almost every year I have to readjust my so called faves b'c I don't think a year has ever gone by that I didn't find some great new ones. And it's another reason I don't list my faves, b'c they are the faves of the moment if you catch my drift.

Another thing to remember is that the varieties I chose for the book were made in the Spring of 1998 when I'd grown around 1200 varieties and the total to date is about 2500 varieties so there are many many varieties that I would select these days that I hadn't grown back then.

Folks keep asking me if there's another book in the offing but the answer there is no, and most of you know the reasons why.
Old January 26, 2010   #44
kimpossible
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Carolyn, and yes, I am still determined to own every variety in your book! Tatiana's site has fillied in some holes for me, and I will also visit Sandhill. Lots of fun!
Old January 26, 2010   #45
Tania
Tomatovillian™

So far, I am offering 63 out 100 varieties from Carolyn's book.
Not quite there yet, but I will get there

One variety from that list that deserves more attention than it is getting is Gold Ball. I am not sure why no one is going for it - maybe the name is not too 'catchy' - but this is a great tomato with very good taste.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase