Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old October 4, 2010   #61
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Dear folks,

We had an issue with TOMATObase wiki not being able to access our seed inventory database to fetch the seed lists. This is why you have seen an empty order form page.

This problem is now fixed - thank you so much for alerting me about the problem and please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2010   #62
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Default New 2011 Catalog is coming soon...

Dear folks,

I am about a week away from completing the new down-loadable 2011 Seed Catalog.

The new catalog will have some price adjustments for peppers and tomatoes to get closer to the seed prices in Canada. The prices will still be lower than the suggested SSE prices for listing SSE members that took effect in 2010.

The main reason for the price adjustment is the higher cost of packaging and label printing, as well as mailing. The secondary reason is the US/Canadian exchange rate.

Shipping charge will not change, and 8 packets of small seeds will still qualify for free shipping.

If you want to take advantage of the old prices, you have about a week or so to order, before the new catalog is published.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase

Last edited by Tania; October 11, 2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old October 12, 2010   #63
lowlylowlycook
Tomatovillian™

Master Plan

Step 1. Make non-scam order on Tania's site.
Step 2. Perfect hibernation so waiting for spring planting let alone harvest is bearable.
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit. Well not so much profit as tomatoes!

So far step 1 is complete!
lowlylowlycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2010   #64
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Step 3. Hard but very rewarding work in the garden

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old October 15, 2010   #65
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Default 2011 catalog is on

A first draft version of the new 2011 catalog is now available on the website. It was a big job and it took me a few weeks to complete.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) the catalog grew quite a bit since last year, and the negative consequence of that is the file size is ~19MB.

For the folks with slower internet access it may take quite a few minutes to download. So please do let me know if you had a problem downloading or using the file - since the document is so big, it may be even slow to navigate through it.

There is a way to reduce the size of the file by sacrificing the quality of the photos, so I can do that if necessary.

Here is a direct link to the file: Tatiana's 2011 Seed Catalog. It is best to use the 'Download' button and get yourself a local copy, instead of trying to view it online.

Thank you for checking it out!

Tania

P.S. Of course your feedback is very welcome - if you find anything unclear, or incorrect, or misspelled, or just plain SLOW, please send me a PM or post it here directly.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old October 15, 2010   #66
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Oh, I should have also mentioned that the old prices are still in effect.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old October 15, 2010   #67
kath
Tomatovillian™

WOW! This is amazing, Tania, and will be permanently available on my desktop. Love the layout, pictures, unusual varieties and descriptions. However, my wish list is growing way bigger than my self-imposed 2011 "limit" and I'm not even halfway through the catalog ! Although you are enabling my seed addiction, I must thank you for creating another indispensable resource, and I do look forward to ordering from you.

Kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2010   #68
lowlylowlycook
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana, I just happened to notice that you skipped the usual note about Carolyn's book in the case of Noir de Crimee.

As for why I was reading your catalog mere days after I placed an order...
lowlylowlycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2010   #69
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Kath, Thank you for your very kind words, you got me blushing

Lowly, I fixed the description - thank you for pointing it out! Yes, I was wondering why you are looking at the catalog just a couple of days after placing an order - it must be the tomato addiction I have is extremely contagious...

Version 2 is up now, I think it is as close to final as I can get it at this moment.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Old October 18, 2010   #70
Buck7762
Tomatovillian™

Outstanding catalog Tania the Enabler!

I'm focusing on hot peppers right now but you'll hear from me again pretty soon.

Nice Job,

Buck
Buck7762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2010   #71
retiree
Tomatovillian™

Default tomatoes

That is wonderful Tania. Terrific job.

Neil G. (Canada)
retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2010   #72
Timbotide
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana, You have done a great job with the web site and your catalog is
the best I've seen.
My Wife tells me that I should join a support group to help with my tomato seed
Addiction. I tell her that your web site and catalog are all the therapy that I need.
Thanks for all of the hard work.

Tim

Last edited by Timbotide; October 19, 2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Timbotide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2010   #73
Linda10
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana, your catalog is beautiful. In a couple of weeks, I hope to get my order together, but it's going to be hard to narrow it down with all those great choices. Always a pleasure to order from you.
Old October 19, 2010   #74
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator

So I'll download the catalog after my new eyes are refracted on Nov 9th and I get the new glasses after that b'c right now I'm using those cheap reading glasses, per my surgeons suggestion, to see up close and it's difficult b'c I guess either my head isn't shaped right or my nose is too oily b'c they keep slipping down and I spend half my time pushing them back up.

And yet another trip to his office today for followup. I have a wonderful lady who is doing the driving, with my car, but I've finally found someone who talks more than I do and I'm exhausted when I get back home, just trying to keep up with her and her descriptions of their 100 chickens ( I get my pretty colored eggs from her), her goats ( she makes cosmetics and sells locally and online), her horse, her dogs and cats, her llamas, and now she wants to get some peacocks. And the saga of the popcorn machine to take to craft fairs is over the top.

But so help me if her peacocks fly the short distance, about one mile) from their place to mine she and Mike can come down here and shovel peacock poo from the new roof and deck b'c I was the not asked for host of three peacocks who stopped by to roost several years ago and I don't want to go thru the scratching on the roof day and night, all the poo, etc again. Ja, they're pretty, but..........
Old October 20, 2010   #75
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Buck, Tim, Linda, Neil, thank you for your kind comments!

Buck, I have your orders ready for you and waiting, no worries.

Carolyn, i hope you are recovering from the surgery nicely and quickly. I think you were asking about Olesya tomato in another thread - I have it offered in the catalog, hopefully you can match yours with the picture I have.

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase