Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11, 2016   #1
DutchOverflow
Tomatovillian™

Talking Hydrosoil

Theres a ton of posts on here about soil and I'm sure theres a few about soil less media, that being said I am a hydroponics guy have had experience in the past with deep water culture buckets but never grown tomatoes. Any ways I just built out my spare room in my house for winter planting and decided to give what they call "hydrosoil" a shot. Basically its a mix of coco coir, crushed clay pellets and alittle perlite mixed in. The idea behind this is increased air to media ratio as well as the coco coir holds more water than soil. Its called Hydro soil because you need to add nutrients to your water for every feeding which allows you to know exactly how much nutrients each plant is getting. This also allows you to feed more often supposedly allowing more uptake more often. I will be posting pics once I get my seeds up and growing!
DutchOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote