Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 11, 2016   #10
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I also love Russian Mini-Yellow and I think I still have lots of seeds for it from prior seed offers,can't remember how old now,sent to me by Robin.

And here's where she got it from,look somewhere in the 60's posts for her explanation of where she got it from.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=26691

Carolyn

I read what she said about her Russian Mini Yellow, but my plants sure do grow taller than what she described - they grow almost as rampantly as Matt's Wild Cherry, but not quite. Mine in the hoophouse are at least twelve feet tall now, though the clusters look exactly like the photo she posted, with five or six fruits per cluster. I think, though I am not certain, that I got the original seeds from one of your offers. I just wish they were easier to pick for market, but they are so small it takes forever to get a pint basket filled, and I have to pick carefully so as to leave the stem on, or they split and I have to eat them myself. Well, I don't mind that part so much...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags
flavor , profile , tasting , unique