Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Old January 25, 2007   #1
bluelytes
Tomatovillian™

Default JUSTA Plant Swap?

Are these things JUST a plant swap, or is there a tomato tasting that takes place??

If there IS a tasting, could someone please be sure to post the results of that testing?? Thanks.

Regards;
bluelytes
Old January 25, 2007   #2
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

I believe the plant swap takes place several months before the tasting. I think they are seperate events. I am planning on making it to visit my family in Ohio during CHOPTAG about August ? I think for the tasting. When you have small enough plants to swap, I dont think there will be much to taste yet, too early in the season.
Old January 25, 2007   #3
bluelytes
Tomatovillian™

OH, ok, well, I just wanted to be SURE that tasting results were POSTED, (when or if they happen). It took me FOREVER to find the tomatofest results,

Regards;
bluelytes
Old January 26, 2007   #4
JerryL
Tomatovillian™

Bluelytes

The Plant Swap in May is a plant swap. No one around here has ripe tomatoes in May. We have a Taste Fest in August. All things tomato are consumed at the Taste Fest.

However, ALL CHOPTAG events are food fests. Everyone brings food to all the CHOPTAG events.
Old January 26, 2007   #5
bluelytes
Tomatovillian™

JERRY,
Well, I can understand your NOT having tomatos in may. But, I for one, would really apppreciate knowing the results of your Taste Fest as to type, variety, etc. Although in August, it will be too late here to plant any of the "winners", but it would be good info to have for the next year.

Bluelytes