Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 3, 2012   #11
Minnesota Mato
Tomatovillian™

I have all the seeds you have gotten from tradewind fruits and have grown them over the last several years. They all were true to the pics but as I am not a wild tomato expert I can't tell you if they are the real deal. I have been doing alot with the cheesmanii and will be planting about 60 f3 gen plants this year. Last year everyone in my area was having problems with there tomatoes not ripening and low fruit sets. My f2's between a cheesmanii and a martian giant did better then everything else. I got them in late and not only did they catch up but they by far out produced every other tomato in my rented garden spot. The cheesemanii were the size of a penny and the f1 gen were the size of a nickle. I planted 50 f2 gen plants and got quite a variety of sizes and shapes. I am trying to breed a paste tomato with high beta carotene and a few other things. I would be real interested in your results and would also share some of my seeds if you are interested.
craig
Minnesota Mato is offline   Reply With Quote