Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old June 1, 2020   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default This Year's Tomatoes

My goodness, I've never grown this many tomatoes before. We normally grow tomatoes up by the house where they get the sun they need and some afternoon shade during the hottest part of the day. It works well. Up by the house this year, along with an eggplant, dill and a pot of zinnias, are Red Siberian, two Early Annies, two Early Girls, Ten Fingers of Naples, Rio Grande, Stump of the World, Santiago, Golden Girl and Camp Joy cherry.

Last year there were a few new-to-mes and they wouldn't all fit up at the house so they were in the garden in full sun. Big mistake! They were extremely unhappy with that and didn't do well at all. This year I moved them to the top of the garden in what might be a spot with too little sun. In the front are Brad’s Atomic Grape, Rebel Yell, Girl Girl’s Weird Thing, Bella Rosa, Super Sioux, and Rosella cherry. In the back are Mom’s Paste, KBX, Creole Original, German Johnson and Porter.

So far, the Camp Joy cherry is the tallest of all the tomatoes and is really jumping.

I got more field fence today so now I can make more second story tomato cages and trellises. The 330’ roll will probably be the last roll I need to buy in my lifetime!
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote