Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15, 2009   #28
lumierefrere
Tomatovillian™

I just haven't had much success in the last two years. I can swap out all the bulbs for new ones but I have swapped bulbs and have a spare waiting. Everything just gets so leggy while down at the farmer's market where they have a rudimentary greenhouse and no lights, everything is stocky and beautiful. That convinced me I had to try something else/try harder. Maybe using mylar to reflect more of the light will help, that was an element I wasn't aware of. The last 2 years have been such crummy growing seasons that I want the seedlings as great as they can be when I plant out because the weather sure isn't going to cooperate! Maybe I should start knitting coats for all the plants, too, what with the cool nights!
lumierefrere is offline   Reply With Quote