Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 11, 2010   #31
clara
Tomatovillian™

kd3, I'm sure you will not be disappointed. And if there are any problems in translation, please don't hesitate to ask me; by the way, Gerhard understands English very well, so no problem to get in contact with him. clara
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2010   #32
kd3
Tomatovillian™

Thanks so much Clara - I cannot wait to see his listings. I will use babelfish or another translator, I found that worked quite well on Manfred Hahm's / Reinhard's site. kd
kd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2010   #33
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I just wanted to mention that I've been reading through the tomato section in the 2010 SSE YEarbook and there's one SSE member, from Oregon, who has listed a HUGE number of varieties from Bohl as well as many others from non-traditional places in Europe.
Old February 18, 2010   #34
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Caroly, Is it the individual with the Seed Ambassadors Project. Ami
Old February 18, 2010   #35
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
Caroly, Is it the individual with the Seed Ambassadors Project. Ami
Some were listed as being directly form Bohl and some were from S.A.P. as it was written, and I'm not sure of the distinction between the two b'c I haven't been paying attention in this thread.
Old March 24, 2010   #36
kd3
Tomatovillian™

Received my CD from Gerhard, a 500 page catalog full of fabulous varieties :-)) All information is in German thus it does take a bit of time to translate as required, but well worth it. Thank you for the connection Clara :-) kd
kd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2010   #37
clara
Tomatovillian™

You're welcome, kd3! Yes, Gerhard is worthy to be supported! clara
Old April 4, 2010   #38
Frog
Tomatovillian™

My German is rudimentary, but can a German speaker explain what is being discussed here.

http://blog.tomatenundanderes.at/ind...iv-ist-da.html

...and what is being sold below, linked from the above link?

http://jo.tomatenundanderes.at/index...mart&Itemid=29

Is this Gerhard's sortenbuch being sold by another tomato grower?
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2010   #39
Zana
Tomatovillian™

My German is rather rusty....but I believe the gist is this:

The first link is his "book" discussing the 2000 varieties of tomato varieties(and other vegetables) grown from 2006-2009. I'm not sure if that's the archive that's downloadable or not.

The second link is his catalogue which is available in a CD format.

Clara or Ami, or somebody else may be of more help here.

Zana
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4, 2010   #40
clara
Tomatovillian™

Hi Frog,

Zana is right, the first link refers to his (old!) "Sortenbuch" which is no longer available.

The second link refers to Herbert Pummer (owner of "tomatenundanderes") who is a seedsaver from Austria. He has - among his own - sold Gerhard's seeds (for a higher price, 20 Eurocents more per variety) and a CD with Gerhard's list (only tomatoes, not the complete assortment), but this CD was only for the years 2006 - 2009. No download in the internet possible! Of course you can order seeds from Herbert Pummer if you find something interesting; he is on the internet (at least he was last year, I didn't check for this year).

If you are interested in the (paper) book, you should ask him whether he still has some old exemplars. But the old "Sortenbuch" was written in 2005 and Gerhard has added lots of varieties since that year.

If you want to get Gerhard's actual full list, you have to buy the CD or the USB-stick. Please have a look at my initial posting how to get it and please use the address I've given there, no other!

If you have another question, please don't hesitate to ask me! clara
Old April 4, 2010   #41
Frog
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Hi Frog,

Zana is right, the first link refers to his (old!) "Sortenbuch" which is no longer available.

The second link refers to Herbert Pummer (owner of "tomatenundanderes") who is a seedsaver from Austria. He has - among his own - sold Gerhard's seeds (for a higher price, 20 Eurocents more per variety) and a CD with Gerhard's list (only tomatoes, not the complete assortment), but this CD was only for the years 2006 - 2009. No download in the internet possible! Of course you can order seeds from Herbert Pummer if you find something interesting; he is on the internet (at least he was last year, I didn't check for this year).

If you are interested in the (paper) book, you should ask him whether he still has some old exemplars. But the old "Sortenbuch" was written in 2005 and Gerhard has added lots of varieties since that year.

If you want to get Gerhard's actual full list, you have to buy the CD or the USB-stick. Please have a look at my initial posting how to get it and please use the address I've given there, no other!

If you have another question, please don't hesitate to ask me! clara

Thank you Clara.

I fully understand the situation with Gerhard's 'Sortenbuch' I was just confused by what I thought was another person selling it on the internet.

I'm going to get Gerhard's Sortenbuch some time in the future, I live in the EU so it's easy for me to send Euros to Gerhard directly and €1 for seeds is very reasonable.
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2010   #42
clara
Tomatovillian™

Frog,

if you order seeds in Nov/Dec, you can be quite sure that Gerhard hasn't run out of these varieties yet and you will get the seeds quickly. If you order from Jan. - April, it can take up to 4 weeks, as most people place their orders during that time. clara