Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old October 6, 2016   #1
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Please help identifying this problem..

Hi...There is not much to tell but IMO I am losing my Tomatoe plants ....So I will post 8 photos in two posts ...of the one branch taken from different angles ....Is it a disease or is it a result of my treating the original problem with a bleach treatment ...I cannot even remember what the original problem was but think I was told it was mold ....

Thanks Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2711.jpg (329.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2712.jpg (326.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2713.jpg (305.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2714.jpg (312.0 KB, 46 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2016   #2
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi and here is another four ...I know its only one branch but its from 2/3rds the way up my plants with no foliage underneath having died and still going upwards .... I would like an opinion on whether this could be the result of the bleach treatment I applied ...I am not saying the treatment is no good but did I have the mix correct....If its a disease ?? well I have real problems...

Thanks Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2715.jpg (335.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2716.jpg (315.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2717.jpg (323.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2718.jpg (336.2 KB, 45 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2016   #3
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I looked at the pictures first and then read the posts. The only time I've had something similar was a period of frequent rain which was followed by higher temps that raised the humidity. The plants didn't really dry out in between showers and developed a mold problem. It was more pronounced with any plants that had partial shade during the day. I simply cut away the portions of the leaves that showed the problem and the plant thrived when the weather "dried up".

BTW, I don't use bleach on the foliage of any plants, even though it gets lots of use and lots of recommendations for mold problems. I just can't find the intestinal fortitude to put a form of hydrochloric acid on my food. Now, I will use bleach to clean up my containers before planting the next crop.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote