Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old May 10, 2012   #106
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Mine also arrived, no email though. I planted last week so a little bit of a let down as I'll have to store it till next year.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2012   #107
drezz
Tomatovillian™

I know they have changed the formula of tomato tone; it seems like they removed a lot of the micronutrients in favor of some microbes. Is the new stuff still any good?

It is a shame as a well balanced complete slow release fertilizer designed for tomatoes/peppers/eggplant would be very attractive to me.
drezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2012   #108
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

I have had lack luster growth on all my maters this year and began supplementing with various things fairly early on. I wont use it alone again.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2012   #109
Tapout
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
I have had lack luster growth on all my maters this year and began supplementing with various things fairly early on. I wont use it alone again.
So the new formula is a dud without supplements? I was wondering about the lack of micro nutrients in the new formula and how it would effect over all taste.
Tapout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2012   #110
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapout View Post
So the new formula is a dud without supplements? I was wondering about the lack of micro nutrients in the new formula and how it would effect over all taste.
If it's a dud, nobody told my plants.
Just because they only list the primary and secondary nutrients doesn't mean there are no micros too. Actually it's impossible for micros to not be there in a fertilizer that is made from organic inputs. It's not like it is formulated in a chemical factory.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2012   #111
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
Naysen,

Very good prices at this Site (ordered Tomato-tone, Bio-tone, and Dolomite Lime from them yesterday), but they do a lousy job of describing the lot size. For example, they show the Espoma Dolomite Lime 5 pound bag for $34.00.

What they DON"T say is that this price includes a case quantity of 12 bags. So, the actual cost comes out at under $3.00 per bag - - not the $34.00 that the description would lead you to believe. Very POOR Marketing - which only turns potential customers away.

My 84 pound order cost me a grand total of $4.95 for all shipping.

Raybo
Ray, did you also purchase Tomato-tone from Ozbo? I wonder if 20 lb. of Tomato-tone also comes in a quantity of 12 bags for $16.92.
chancethegardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2014   #112
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

Two years later, and the shipping is STILL $4.95 at Ozbo! I ordered three 20 pound bags.

I pay the mortgage, but my cats own the house!
DonnaMarieNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2014   #113
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

you must have ordered all they had, as I just went to order some and they say it is no longer available. Now its saying it is there. Guess I'll trying to order and see if it goes through.
Thanks for the reminder on this.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by meadowyck; March 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
meadowyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2014   #114
creister
Tomatovillian™

As far as Micros are concerned, I remember calling Espoma when they changed the formula and asked why they were no longer listed. They told me that they are still in there, but very expensive to analyze and put it on there in the right percentages.
creister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2014   #115
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Creister-I did the same thing, and got the same info from Espoma.
Old March 28, 2014   #116
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

I ordered my 3 20 lb bags of Tomato-Tone from Ozbo on Wednesday. Today, Friday, I received an e-mail confirmation that my bags have been shipped. Hopefully, the box won't be crushed from the weight. I think, at least so far, that Ozbo is a good company.

I pay the mortgage, but my cats own the house!
DonnaMarieNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2014   #117
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I wasn't bowled over by the new formula. What did you supplement with? I still have a 20ln bag left over from 2 years ago.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2014   #118
creister
Tomatovillian™

I like to foliar feed with fish/seaweed fertilizer
creister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2014   #119
snippits
Tomatovillian™

Ordered the 20 lb bag this morning for 19.01 to my door. Checked this evening and Ozbo has changed their website for Tomato Tone to 18 lb bags for the same price. My order still says 20 lb bag, but the SKU matches the 18 lb bag.

The 20 lb bags have been discontinued by Epsoma. 18 lb is the largest size bag of Tomato Tone that they offer now. Really not happy with Ozbo right now.
snippits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2014   #120
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

I've been following this thread for a few years now. I've had incredibly unprofessional service from Ozbo myself in my dealings with them. I wiill not go into the details here, but suffice it to say they had no compunctions from completely ignoring my order and leaving it to me to hassle them over the span of nearly two months to get my three item order delivered. The last of three shipments arrived finally yesterday. It took no less than nine calls to their service folks to make that happen. About five "commitments"/promises were broken in the process.

Good luck, 'cause when the deal shows up as described, it's usually a good one.
-naysen
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote