Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old June 16, 2008   #16
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Cynthia,

Another alternative to minimize the potting mix from getting down the sides is to use packing "peanuts" around the edges as shown below:

I like bolting up the sides with the toggle bolts, but the peanuts can accomplish your goal as well.

Ray
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2008   #17
Addicted
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Where did you get the little tube for the overflow hole?
I got it at the hardware store,I drilled through the side of the tub and the airation bench so the tube is right in the water reservior.Seems to work so far.I think however that i drilled the holes in the airation bench too small,We shall see.

BTW,Ray took all the hard work out of it for me,without his instruction there would have been a whole lote more trial and error than just a few holes too small!...I did do a few things differntly but I'm certain without a nice baseline like Ray's design it would have taken more than one try for a working unit.

Jason.
Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote