Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 22, 2018   #991
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala Doug View Post
Nine weeks old today:

So so beautiful and healthy.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018   #992
seasyde
Tomatovillian™

I have buds on 2 KPs. 1 is in ground and the second is still in its solo cup waiting to go in to a container. I went ahead and potted up my 2 "extras" and one was adopted by our neighbor today.
seasyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2018   #993
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

My KP set first tiny fruits. Yeee...

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2018   #994
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
My KP set first tiny fruits. Yeee...
That Is excellent news.
Old May 25, 2018   #995
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasyde View Post
I have buds on 2 KPs. 1 is in ground and the second is still in its solo cup waiting to go in to a container. I went ahead and potted up my 2 "extras" and one was adopted by our neighbor today.
Your neighbor is very lucky.
Old May 25, 2018   #996
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Well, you gals are lucky. You tasted KP fruits. And few lucky once did too. I am in suspense.

just few more weeks... mmmm... ohhh...

Why can't they grow faster? ah?

Anticipation kills me!

I love suspense!
They may be the first once to ripen. And my record for first picked tomato is June 14. It can be earlier than that.
I hope.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2018   #997
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Well, you gals are lucky. You tasted KP fruits. And few lucky once did too. I am in suspense.

just few more weeks... mmmm... ohhh...

Why can't they grow faster? ah?

Anticipation kills me!

I love suspense!
They may be the first once to ripen. And my record for first picked tomato is June 14. It can be earlier than that.
I hope.
Oh my would love for you to break your first ripe record with KARMA pink
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018   #998
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Unas fotos de mis KARMA pink
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-05-26_08-16-25-165.jpg (294.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-05-26_09-05-54-700.jpg (472.3 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-05-26_09-08-16-855.jpg (470.3 KB, 104 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018   #999
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for the photos Nico! They look great, should not be too much longer before you have abripe one. Is it still unseasonable weather for you?
Karen
Old May 26, 2018   #1000
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Default KARMA Pink in record-warm Norway

Here are some photos of KARMA Pink at 26 days from transplant. The first is from my crowded greenhouse, and doing very nicely, thank you. The other two are of a plant that's destined for my sister-in-law's garden. It's been potted up twice, and kept in the greenhouse since May 1st. (The shorter plant beside it is an Indian Stripe PL.) I also have 4 KP under the lights in the cellar for planting outdoors. 2 will be gifts, and 2 will share a 100 liter (26 gallons) tub here. (photos at a later date)

We're having a record-warm May in Southern Norway. The highs have been around 28C (82F). I've been worried that it will be too hot in the greenhouse. So far KARMA Pink has continued to set fruit. I think it needs more Magnesium than my other plants, because it's the only one that's shown some mottled chlorosis, so I've given it some extra Epsom salts. The leaves are the most clingy I've experienced, which has been a challenge in crowded conditions under the lights.

Many thanks for the seeds, and the opportunity to grow your creation!

ps: the bright yellow you see in the first photo is a trick of the light, and not on the leaves.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KP1.JPG (82.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg KP2.JPG (64.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg KP3.JPG (74.7 KB, 81 views)
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018   #1001
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamesNorway View Post
Here are some photos of KARMA Pink at 26 days from transplant. The first is from my crowded greenhouse, and doing very nicely, thank you. The other two are of a plant that's destined for my sister-in-law's garden. It's been potted up twice, and kept in the greenhouse since May 1st. (The shorter plant beside it is an Indian Stripe PL.) I also have 4 KP under the lights in the cellar for planting outdoors. 2 will be gifts, and 2 will share a 100 liter (26 gallons) tub here. (photos at a later date)

We're having a record-warm May in Southern Norway. The highs have been around 28C (82F). I've been worried that it will be too hot in the greenhouse. So far KARMA Pink has continued to set fruit. I think it needs more Magnesium than my other plants, because it's the only one that's shown some mottled chlorosis, so I've given it some extra Epsom salts. The leaves are the most clingy I've experienced, which has been a challenge in crowded conditions under the lights.

Many thanks for the seeds, and the opportunity to grow your creation!

ps: the bright yellow you see in the first photo is a trick of the light, and not on the leaves.

Steve
You are very welcome. Judging from the size of the fruit that said it looks like 2 to 3 weeks until you get a taste! I think your sister-in-law is going to be so happy.
Old May 26, 2018   #1002
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Awesome to see them growing well early in the season faraway in Norway!
I agree they are very hungry vigorous plants and also I note that as seedlings they like to "hold hands" as I call it and cling to each other in the greenhouse. Once they get big and especially outdoors, I find the foliage gets quite thick and leathery and they don't do that anymore.
Your plants look wonderful and I like that you note they are setting in high temperatures, and that you will have an opportunity to see how they do both outdoors in the other garden and in your greenhouse.
Thank you very much for the photos and update
KarenO
Old May 26, 2018   #1003
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Hello Karen, this year in Spain has been a very strange and abnormal climate, the truth is that we are not having spring, we are going to go directly from winter to summer.
In normal circumstances I would have tomatoes today, but the weather has been very bad, too cold and a lot of rain, I do not know what is happening on earth ...
I sent some seeds of KARMA pink to a friend in the north of Spain (Cantabria) and there the weather has been more debugging, KARMA has still very small pink to send me photos.
I do not know if the same thing is happening to you in your different climates, but in Spain you do not remember something like that ...

Nico.
Old May 26, 2018   #1004
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

I grow tomatoes to give to my loved ones, I have more tomatoes than I can consume, I do not sell, nor my intention is to make money, everything I do for passion and love.
And I respect everyone, I respect whoever does it with another purpose, of course !!
Thanks to all of you I am learning and above all sharing a hobby that is incredible and wonderful.
Being happy is the most important thing and tville makes me happy
Información del Traductor de GoogleComunidadMóvilAcerca de GooglePrivacidad y condicionesAyudaDanos tu opinión

Nico.
Old May 27, 2018   #1005
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

KARMApink ties an F1 (Crnkovic Yugoslavian x Jaune Flammee) with first indetermine with open flowers (56 days from sowing seed indoors)--beating Sungold F1, which looks a couple days away.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote