Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Old 1 Day Ago   #8416
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

Homemade chicken noodle soup tonight. Two chicken leg quarters, 16 oz. pack of Linguini, garlic, spices.

The family and a lot of the local community is sick. Chicken noodle soup is comforting if nothing else.
Old 1 Day Ago   #8417
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Tomato soup for lunch and taco soup for dinner. I guess you can call it a soupy day. My wife made the taco soup a couple of days ago and we had left overs in the fridge. I made fried rice a few days ago and we had left overs in the fridge. I filled my soup bowl half way up and added some of the fried rice to the bowl. It was actually delicious.

Many on here make and eat meat balls. I don't. For some reason, I prefer my ground beef in just about any shape but round. When I do decide I want some meat balls, we head to an Ikea store and eat Swedish meat balls in their little restaurant. I also like the Lingonberry berries they serve. To me, the berries seem like a Swedish version of our cranberries. The Ikea meat balls are much smaller than Italian or American meat balls. I don't feel like I am eating a golf ball. They are great with the sauce they provide.

Last edited by DonDuck; 20 Hours Ago at 11:15 AM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #8418
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

Don, what's an Ikea store? I had to look it up https://www.google.com/search?source...31.uqVJ0xRNXSk Why would they sell food?

My son just explained that Ikea stores are huge.
Old 23 Hours Ago   #8419
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Come get'em while they're hot!!!

Pictures don't do these biscuits justice, light and moist.

Old 23 Hours Ago   #8420
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Don, what's an Ikea store? I had to look it up https://www.google.com/search?source...31.uqVJ0xRNXSk Why would they sell food?

My son just explained that Ikea stores are huge.
Ikea is like unbelievably huge been there once never again.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Hours Ago   #8421
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

We haven't been to an Ikea store in a couple of years. Haven't needed any furniture in many years, but I do like to shop the areas where they sell unusual kitchen stuff. I always come out with either some good kitchen knives or cutting boards or something for very good prices. My main reason for going is for the Swedish meat balls. The restaurant is set up like a cafeteria. You go through the line and tell the servers what to put on your plate. The food is great, but I have always believed they will close the restaurants some day. We go through the line without waiting usually. Normally only ten or twelve people will be eating, but they have seating for about one hundred people. I don't see how they can afford to keep the place open.

Since Nebraska Furniture opened a store, they probably sell ten times the amount of product as Ikea and the stores are only a few miles apart. Nebraska Furniture has the largest store I have ever been in. They sell everything from sporting goods, to packaged food, to electronics, to furniture. They don't serve any food to eat inside the store. A super Walmart would only be the entrance to a Nebraska Furniture. When Warren Buffettt does something, he does it big.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Hours Ago   #8422
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

I know about Nebraska Furniture - you can't watch the weather without seeing a commercial for it. I just don't watch much television an don't have any reason to go to the DFW Metroplex. The thought of looking at furniture while waiting on your steak works for me
Old 11 Hours Ago   #8423
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Swedish sort of meatballs with brown gravy.
Having with traditional boiled potatoes.
IMG_20190220_18502.jpg
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Hours Ago   #8424
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

It looks good Worth.
Old 6 Hours Ago   #8425
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

Boston Butt roast is always cheap here. It's 'on sale' for $1 per pound. Regular price about $1.39 per pound. What recipes do you have? I slow cook it, but I guess you could grind it, smoke it, pull it, make sausage out of it, or ???

You all know my situation - I'm just trying to feed them something different and good.