Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 16, 2012   #1
chancethegardener
Tomatovillian™

Default Ultrasonic animal repellent

Since the beginning of the growing season, every other night an animal has been digging my garden. This animal is probably a possum and it is looking for grubs. It has killed quite a few tomato plants and damaged pepper, zucchini, and corn. I recently found out that it is digging under the fence that we share with our neighbor. Then I replaced a few pavers right in front of the fence where the animal gets access to the garden (somehow it never climbs but always digs through). Even though this mostly worked, it was able to lift one of the pavers and come into the garden and dig again! I was so frustrated and wanted to punch it. Now, I will keep using pavers as a precaution, but I also purchased an ultrasonic animal repellent I don't know if it will help or not but I definitely can hear the frequency range this unit has. I wonder if it can be used against tomato hornworms and leafhoppers/white flies that spread diseases .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BirdX.jpg (168.5 KB, 130 views)
chancethegardener is offline   Reply With Quote