Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 24, 2006   #61
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

I WAS going to bring a few tomatoes, but when I went out today to pick them, something had beaten me to it and one had a small worm hole, and two had rotted. I assume I have some sort of caterpiller in the garden, but it was around 7 when I got home, and I could not look very well since it was dark. I won't get home until 7 tomorrow night, and Saturday we have to leave very early to go to Baltimore. Sigh - something will have a good meal in my garden this weekend!!!!!!!

I will be bringing ribs (that is, if my dad doesn't get to them first ). I'll bring an aluminum pan to heat them in.

If anything else is needed, please let me know and I'll try to take care of it.
Old August 25, 2006   #62
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Donna,

Sorry to hear about the tomatoes but nice to hear about the ribs. I am going to reduce my Chicken, Burger, Dog count accordingly.

I think everyone has a similar story with tomatoes. My produced mostly 12 days ago so I am worried that many of mine will be over ripe. I will bring them and hope for the best. Luckily I have a few extra Earl's Faux and New Big dwarf that should be a gaurenteed success for the tasting.

Greg