Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 19, 2017   #16
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I stand corrected. I guess I have whiteflies on the brain right now since they have gotten quite thick on some of my tomatoes this year and my eyes aren't what they used to be. It is pretty easy to tell if they are whiteflies because they will fly if disturbed and aphid mummies won't.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2017   #17
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Thanks all! I will try watermelon next time we have one - usually the rinds go to the worms.

We're supposed to get rain today - flash flood watch this afternoon - but I'll try to get over there and check those plants beforehand to see the infestation rate.

Bill I would say the problem was not your eyes or brain but the fact my 12 megapixel pictures were so shrunken by the upload/hosting that it was hard to see for people that could ID them. Similarly, most of the pictures I could find by internet search were small and blurry as well.

Lastly, I hope I never get to the point I can ID every bug I see, because that would mean I have seen these bugs too often and by that time they will have cost me a lot of food. I'm fine with mystery, really!
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote