Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 3, 2022   #1
dipchip2000
Tomatovillian™

Default Rons Carbon Copy

I have not posted for quite a while now. I still grow my creation of Rons Carbon Copy.
Because of health limitations I only have one raised bed for a garden. I only have space for 7 plants. I grow 2 Carbon Copy and 5 large varieties for table use. Carbon Copy is still the best for me. I feel that I must reiterate that it grows best in hot and dry climate. It will have much more flavor in July and August rather than early season. Always pick them sooner and let them finish ripening on counter inside. This will eliminate cracking and does not affect the great flavor whatsoever. Glad to see so many still growing it.My eyesight and mobility are long gone now, but continue to grow a few tomatoes to eat. Thanks to all that are growing Rons Carbon Copy and may it survive forever. Ron
dipchip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2022   #2
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Ron it's a great tomato!
I enjoy it quite a bit; glad to see you posting again!
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2022   #3
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Ron,

Ron's Carbon Copy has been sent out far and wide. Several years ago you gave me about 200 seed packs. I finally ran out of them, earlier this year.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2022   #4
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Because I moved and limited space, she took a back seat for a few years but broke her out last year.
GREAT tomato! True heirloom flavor every time, even
late in the season.
Sounds silly but you don’t get overwhelmed with them like most cherries. MORE than enough though.
One of my, if not my favorite cherry.

She’s back again this year!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2022   #5
JosephineRose
Tomatovillian™

I am growing it for the first time this year! I am excited to try it!
JosephineRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2022   #6
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipchip2000 View Post
I have not posted for quite a while now. I still grow my creation of Rons Carbon Copy.
Because of health limitations I only have one raised bed for a garden. I only have space for 7 plants. I grow 2 Carbon Copy and 5 large varieties for table use. Carbon Copy is still the best for me. I feel that I must reiterate that it grows best in hot and dry climate. It will have much more flavor in July and August rather than early season. Always pick them sooner and let them finish ripening on counter inside. This will eliminate cracking and does not affect the great flavor whatsoever. Glad to see so many still growing it.My eyesight and mobility are long gone now, but continue to grow a few tomatoes to eat. Thanks to all that are growing Rons Carbon Copy and may it survive forever. Ron
Great to have you back with us, Amen!!!

I might try Rons Carbon Copy Tomato yet. Is this Tomato from an F-1 to F-8. I am just trying to understand; at what time do they become stable like your 'Ron Carbon Copy Tomato to sell to Customers?
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote