Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 5, 2022   #781
T0mat0stevek
Tomatovillian™

I just read/scanned the 780 posts in this thread. So many tomato growers so positive about the product! I just bought a gallon of Texas Tomato Food with the hope that all I read is true. I'll report back at the end of the season.
T0mat0stevek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2022   #782
b54red
Tomatovillian™

I also like the Vegetable formula. It seems to be especially good on cucumbers and squash in the summer but it is awesome on fall and winter vegetables and greens. . I like the results when I use it on tomatoes before they start blooming and use it regularly on my peppers though I do sometimes alternate with MG on the peppers.
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp View Post
I've been using Texas Tomato Food since 2017. I didn't realize it had been that long until I just looked at my garden notes. I do think it helps with more flowering and fruit set. It's not cheap, but I keep buying it because I do believe it helps. I haven't done any tests with and without it in the same year. But I do think I am getting better results with it, than I did before I started using it. I haven't used any of the other type of fertilizers they have, I've only used the TTF from Urban Farm Fertilizers. I've been tempted to try others for other plants besides tomatoes.

You can check out my garden instagram account to see pics of my garden. You'll have to scroll down to posts from summer if you want to see any tomatoes.

Jen

https://www.instagram.com/jen.loves.tomato/
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2022   #783
jhp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I also like the Vegetable formula. It seems to be especially good on cucumbers and squash in the summer but it is awesome on fall and winter vegetables and greens. . I like the results when I use it on tomatoes before they start blooming and use it regularly on my peppers though I do sometimes alternate with MG on the peppers.
Bill
Sounds good Bill. I think I'll give it a try this year.

Jen
jhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12, 2022   #784
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Another fan of TTF and I loved the dry fertz too but they don't sell it anymore.

When buying there is a spot for a coupon, has anyone ever had a coupon?
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2022   #785
Hulamom
Tomatovillian™

Just spoke to The Urban Farm Fertilizer Company and wanted to let everyone know to purchase directly from their website as it will be cheaper than Amazon or EBay.. Also ordering from Hawaii, the shipping is free if you order 1 gallon in separate order as they use USPS to ship here (yes, I’m in Hawaii). Was told the cost of the shipping ia built into the price. Hope this info will help.
Hulamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2022   #786
Hulamom
Tomatovillian™

Been using The Unban Farm Texas Tomato Food and All Purpose Vegetable fertilizer for many years and it’s incredible!

Last edited by Hulamom; April 18, 2022 at 01:35 PM.
Hulamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2022   #787
JosephineRose
Tomatovillian™

I am a big believer in TTF. I have bought it in several formulas for my edible back yard garden and I recommended it to a longtime friend who now swears by it too.

I will say this: I bought the large size a few years ago and have not finished it yet. I note that it gets granular over time, and all the shaking in the world is not dissolving it.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about that? Or should I just not worry about it?
JosephineRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2022   #788
T0mat0stevek
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineRose View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about that? Or should I just not worry about it?
The manufacturer says to, "Bring the bottle temp to the mid-90's. The easiest way to do this is to put it in a car with the windows rolled up on a suuny day. Or, you can do a bottle-in-a-pot warm water bath. Once sufficiently warm, shake like crazy off and on for several minutes."
T0mat0stevek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2022   #789
Ocalagal
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Bill
I remember last year, when exchanging emails with the owner about a question I had, that he mentioned that he thought peppers did better with the vegie formula than with the TTF.
Ocalagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2022   #790
JosephineRose
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0mat0stevek View Post
The manufacturer says to, "Bring the bottle temp to the mid-90's. The easiest way to do this is to put it in a car with the windows rolled up on a suuny day. Or, you can do a bottle-in-a-pot warm water bath. Once sufficiently warm, shake like crazy off and on for several minutes."
Oh that's a great tip, thanks very much!
JosephineRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2022   #791
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Other than the statement (no more blossom end rot ) I don't see anything wrong.

I steer away from products that make claims about BER and blossom drop.
Just my opinion.
Worth
I miss you Worth, Amen!!! How are you doing?
Farmer, Joyce Beggs
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2022   #792
Dak
Tomatovillian™

This is the year no crisis (knock on wood) stopped me from having a summer garden and while I soil test and mineral balance my soil every year, my tomatoes did not look happy. So I joined my fellow tomato affecianados and wow, seriously, three days later, my plants have new life to them.

So thank you all for sharing your wisdom, this is my go to place for tomato advice!
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote