Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 19, 2009   #11
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
brokenbar, how long do your pickled peppers in the vacuumed jars keep in the fridge?
Until we eat them all...seriously 'tho, they keep almost indefinitely. They a crunchy, just like ones you buy. I have never had any get any mold on them or cloudyness at all. And as I said, I do vacuum the lids on. I do salt fermented crock pickles the same way. Any heat processing and they are never as crunchy. It's starts like this..."Honey, we need an extra refrigerator. You can keep your beer in in it." Then it's, "You know, if we had one more frig, we could keep lots of beer and sodas cold and have room for extra food." By about the third and forth refrigerator (and yes...I have 4 refrigerators and two freezers ) There is no longer any reason to lie...he knows it's for all your canned stuff and you know it's for all your canned stuff so no further discussion necessary! Except in my case, it's mostly for HIS canned stuff
brokenbar is offline   Reply With Quote