Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 24, 2016   #12
Merediana
Tomatovillian™

What a week... Disease hit my plants very suddenly a few days ago.

I didn't take pictures because I panicked too much and pruned the leaves off instead of going back and search for my smartphone to take pictures.

I went out one evening and saw a few brownish spots on the lower leaves, I didn't think much about it but the next morning it had spread. It was on 4 plants and 2 were so heavily diseased that I had to prune them "naked", only the upper third of the leaves was left. I sprayed them in the evening with copper and now I haven't seen any new spots in 2 days. I decided to let some suckers grow out so the plants will get new healthy leaves....
Sadly one plant got heavy sunburn on its now exposed fruits and I had to remove them

White Oxheart had some BER again So far not one single fruit that doesn't get it.

BUT there are good news too I got some harvest and most of my plants are loaded with green fruits and look great plus no new cases of BER on any other variety!

Todays harvest

Barry's Crazy Cherry surprised me, still VERY mild but, there is now some taste. And it is pleasant. I gave a few away to a friend and he liked them very much.

Old Yellow Candy Stripe has an acidic bite but I quite like it as a contrast to sweeter tomatoes.

Kremser Perle was mild but it was the first fruit.

Candy Sweet Icicle is sweetish and pleasant, but could use some more flavor. It has a very very thick skin that I don't like.

Henderson's Pink Ponderosa has still no taste at all.

With Trefle du Togo all I can say is, that I don't like the taste. It is more acidic than sweet and just has something that I can't describe and I don't like.

Keep in mind that this is the very beginning of the season here and we had bad weather!
Merediana is offline   Reply With Quote