Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old March 12, 2016   #31
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
BackyardFarm, I am a cat loving person too. Post number 25 is a lot like how I expect our 4-5 week old kitten to look like eventually. He's a male that has been gently handled and petted for weeks now. To get a good picture of him, I need to take him outside tomorrow. Right now, he is asleep on an old feather pillow. He has never seen outside - so it might take a few days to get a good picture.

And I was visiting this thread to talk about tomato seeds.
Awwww 4-5 weeks old? That's still a sweet little ball of fluff! He'll probably love outside. Lots of new smells and things to chase.

This is Roxie at that age.
She's NOW a grownup spoiled brat now who lays in front of the fan portion of my air filter and looks at me like"what?"

10653537_10152702838481772_606376084481163804_n.jpg
BackyardFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2016   #32
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarnianGarden View Post
Such happy-looking felines!
Didn't know all those different lettuce varieties... Rouge d'Hiver I knew, that was it!
I didn't know them either! Then I started reading about the different varieties and what does best in spring/fall, in summer, and overwinter in a cold frame. So of course I HAD to try some of each! My lettuce seed collection looks a bit like my tomato seeds collection now. (Way too many! )
Old March 13, 2016   #33
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackyardFarm View Post
Oh what a handsome kitties!

Lol. Carbon tomato?
Yep!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2016   #34
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I took him outside today and he was not a happy camper. It was his first time to not be with his mother, so I took a quick picture and took him back to her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0034.JPG (60.4 KB, 47 views)
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2016   #35
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I took him outside today and he was not a happy camper. It was his first time to not be with his mother, so I took a quick picture and took him back to her.
Oh he's a doll!

The first time Roxie went outside after coming home she peed all over me...so count yourself lucky he was just mad! (And I mean she soaked my shirt and shorts. Completely. I was dripping wet. It was gross. )
Old March 13, 2016   #36
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

I just want to snuggle his ears now. And rub his little milk drunk belly! Kitten fur smell is almost as good as new baby smell.
Old March 13, 2016   #37
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Thank you

I think I met his father yesterday. There were two yellow tabby cats that I had never seen before. They were very tame but wouldn't let me pet them. I was planting out some tomatoes in a large raised bed, and both of them had to sniff the holes I dug and then the tomato plants I planted. They were just a few feet away. Neither of those cats had any white color on them, but the mother is mostly white and long haired.
Old March 15, 2016   #38
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

Today has been a no good rotten horrible day as my niece's book says.

I'm shaky, nauseated, exhausted, and the PMS has hit hard today and...I dropped my container of early tomatoes. They're all broken. So I have to restart those and put them out a couple weeks later. *sigh* I think I need to sit with a sad movie and have a good cry.
Old March 15, 2016   #39
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Today has been a no good rotten horrible day as my niece's book says.

I'm shaky, nauseated, exhausted, and the PMS has hit hard today and...I dropped my container of early tomatoes. They're all broken. So I have to restart those and put them out a couple weeks later. *sigh* I think I need to sit with a sad movie and have a good cry.
Oh my. I am so sorry. I have done that myself, as I think quite a few here have. Kinda like a rite of passage. It will get better, I promise. (((Hugs)))
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2016   #40
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I'm sorry today was such an awful day for you. I wish I could send you some/most of the tomato plants I potted up today to help make up for those dropped.

How about a cat picture? The kittens are pulling everything out of the closet and it's about time for them to eat instead of drink food.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0045.JPG (42.1 KB, 35 views)
Old March 15, 2016   #41
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Loving the cat pictures.

We moved to a place that the people just up and left the cat,
She ended up having two kittens in the middle of the night and it was her first and only littler.
My wife got me up and it was too late for one of the kittens but I got the placenta off of the other ones nose and got it to breathing.
Then I put it next to its mother so it could nurse and when to bed.
The next morning the mother her name was Fuzz Tail brought the new born kitten to the bedroom jumped up on the bed and dropped the kitten on my chest and left.
That kitten hung with me everywhere I went and I carried it around in my pocket from the day it was born.
I have pictures somewhere but I cant find them now and I just saw them the other day.
I named him Bear Cat.
He drove his mother nuts growing up.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2016   #42
SamiKihano
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Directly to the right of this little patio is my driveway/parking spot. I will probably use a cattle panel to make the archway (which will be planted with morning glories and moonflowers).

The patio is secluded from the road because of the way the house blocks it. Perfect little place to eat bbq, sip some wine, nibble on cherry tomatoes, and relax during the summer months.

Attachment 56970
Already have these wintersowed!
We grew a grip of the heavenly blue morning glory in some terra cota pots by the driveway under some weeping birch. I wish I had pictures, it grew over 15 feet and started to wrap it's way into the tree. It looked like the tree was covered in blue flowers by fall
SamiKihano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2016   #43
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

Thank you ginger2778 and AlittleSalt. It was just a bad day. Lots of things just went wrong and the seedlings dropping were just the straw that broke me to tears. Today is better. (Though I have a headache from the dratted storm outside -_- )

Those kittens. Oh. Be still my heart. Little balls of cute mischievous fluff! The one looks like it's got a bit of Siamese or Ragdoll in it with the chocolate tipped ears. <3
Old March 16, 2016   #44
BackyardFarm
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Loving the cat pictures.

We moved to a place that the people just up and left the cat,
She ended up having two kittens in the middle of the night and it was her first and only littler.
My wife got me up and it was too late for one of the kittens but I got the placenta off of the other ones nose and got it to breathing.
Then I put it next to its mother so it could nurse and when to bed.
The next morning the mother her name was Fuzz Tail brought the new born kitten to the bedroom jumped up on the bed and dropped the kitten on my chest and left.
That kitten hung with me everywhere I went and I carried it around in my pocket from the day it was born.
I have pictures somewhere but I cant find them now and I just saw them the other day.
I named him Bear Cat.
He drove his mother nuts growing up.

Worth
Worth we had a momma cat who would do that to certain people. Just drop a kitten in their lap and head off to go hunt. Some people she didn't trust though. For a while we had a great big tomcat she also trusted to babysit her babies. She'd drop one in my lap, then one in front of him, and so on until they were all doled out to their "babysitters". Had a couple kitties who liked to ride around in my sweatshirt hood, front paws on the shoulder, little butt parked in the hood, and away we'd go exploring!

I can't tell you how many cats have been dropped off at my parents farm because they were pregnant or the owners decided to go home for the season and didn't want the cats anymore. (We live in a hunting/summer seasonal town/surrounding area, lots of cabins.)

Pets are for LIFE. Not when it's convenient! Ugh. Some people.
Old March 16, 2016   #45
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

There is some Siamese in the mother's family and there is a Siamese male that thinks he lives at/in my house - he's the neighbor's cat. (Cats are not related)

And today, the kittens have moved out of our closet and now bounce around all over the house.