Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 22, 2009   #31
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
Howdy everyone...No worries on Actinovate and the Myco working together. They both compliment each other quite nicely!

May I ask the source of your information?

Um, didn't mean that to sound so stiff up there, I was trying to be polite.
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2009   #32
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

boomtown works at Naturalindustries. He is the one I contacted concerning the Myco-Actinovate compatibility question. Careful Boomer, unless they hear it from a professor they are not going to believe you. Ami
Old June 22, 2009   #33
boomtown
Tomatovillian™

The source is the lab sitting right next to me. We are the manufactuerers of Actinovate. After numerous tests in labs and in the field, we know what works and what doesn't with our patented microbes. Actinovate and Myco compliment each other as they both provide beneficial nutrients to the plant. Hope this helps....

Boomer Cardinale
Director of Marketing
Natural Industries
www.naturalindustries.com
boomtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2009   #34
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtown View Post
The source is the lab sitting right next to me. We are the manufactuerers of Actinovate. After numerous tests in labs and in the field, we know what works and what doesn't with our patented microbes. Actinovate and Myco compliment each other as they both provide beneficial nutrients to the plant. Hope this helps....

Boomer Cardinale
Director of Marketing
Natural Industries
www.naturalindustries.com

I appreciate your information, but I really am looking for a source of information that isn't trying to sell the product. I really don't mean to impugn you or your organization. I work in a lab, so I'm not only predisposed to hankering for journal articles; I'm an awful nerd who likes to read the methods and materials myself and see if I agree with the conclusions.
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2009   #35
dice
Tomatovillian™

Let us put the question simply for Boomer to pass on to the lab
guys:

What does Actinovate do to pathogenic fungi that it does
not do to mycorrhizae?
Old June 22, 2009   #36
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Boomtown: Could you also comment on whether temperatures of the growing medium in a 5 gallon container in a hot climate like mine will kill the colonies established by Actinovate, Myco, etc? My climate is almost identical to Houston's and I want to know if I need to take steps to keep the temperatures down.....have you done any tests that would tell me up to what temperatures colonies will survive?
Thanks.
chalstonsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2009   #37
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

What color are your pots?

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2009   #38
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Fledon: Light, almost neon color green. I have overlaid double thickness white plastic garbage bags on the sides that receive direct sunlight.
Old June 23, 2009   #39
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Feldon: When are you planning to plant out tomatoes for Fall 2009? When do you plant out other crops?
Old June 24, 2009   #40
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Normally I would plant out fall tomatoes the last of July or first of August. Not doing a fall crop this year.

For everything else, I pretty much go by:
http://www.settfest.com/files/DrBobRandallCalendar.png

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2009   #41
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Feldon: Thanks very much
Old June 24, 2009   #42
aninocentangel
Tomatovillian™

Clemson Extension recommends putting out fall tomatoes between July 25-30 in our area.
Which reminds me, I need to get my seedlings potted up.
aninocentangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2009   #43
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Anino: Thanks. How are your Spring plants hanging on? Mine have pretty much had it and are just ripening what's left....and dying. Last fruit was set probably two weeks ago. I just potted up some seedlings for the fall.
Old June 24, 2009   #44
aninocentangel
Tomatovillian™

Everything seems to be churning along. I grew up in zone 5 so I'm perpetually behind down here garden wise, some of my spring tomatoes are just setting now.
Japanese Black Trifele is blooming and setting and looking radiant, indeed almost radioactive. The Black Valentine bush beans in the lower right are growing seeds for me and are just about done, as you can see. The trellis in the back holds a bush watermelon and a cantaloupe that my son keeps forgetting to water.

The Roma was hit with some sort of foliage crud but it appears to be recovering and churning out more blooms and tomatoes. There's 3 Weeping Charley's directly behind it, also trained on the fence, volunteer basil and another Roma to the right, and a Hillbilly just peeking it's leaves in the upper right corner. Let us not look at the weed filled strawberry patch, thank you very much.

The next generation is looking quite cute, if I do say so myself.

Sorry about the poor quality cell phone pictures, my 14 year old took them for me, neither are the best choice for photography. I tried to adjust the top two (everything was chartreuse like the bottom, unadjusted pic) but I fear that it wasn't a success. And I see that he also decorated the trellis behind my JBT with the weeds he was pulling. *sigh* Only one more week and the dr says I can get back out there and work. At least the garden appears to be surviving the haphazard ministrations of a well intentioned teen.
Enjay
aninocentangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2009   #45
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Anino: Thanks. When did you put your Spring tomatoes in the ground?