Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 25, 2009   #46
aninocentangel
Tomatovillian™

I put them out in mid April. The thing is, I only started them in March, and they had just one or two real leaves when I transplanted them. Then they grew very slowly until the beginning of June when they finally shot up and started flowering. The Romas were purchased, so they're what I'd consider normal for the month and area. The Weeping Charley's are almost the same size as the Romas, but again they have no fruit and are just starting to flower. I'm out every night and morning shaking them, so far they seem to be setting.
So far they've been treated with molasses, left over organic fish food, and tomato tone. I also got a little wild when salting slugs, but I wouldn't consider that a treatment per ce.
I did not use any myco grow, actinovate or daconil type product. I fully expect the plants to all be wilting and dead one of these mornings.

Last edited by aninocentangel; June 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM.
aninocentangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2009   #47
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Anino: Hope they hang in there.....As I'm sure you know, this time of year becomes a real fight for survival!
chalstonsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2009   #48
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

For anyone who might want to know, I called T&J(BioVam), Natural Industries(Actinovate) and Fungi Perfecti(Mycogrow) and all of them say colonies survive well past 100 degrees F.
chalstonsc is offline   Reply With Quote